Standing up for the victims

the Judge Carlos Samour spoke a long time [about an hour ]  before the sentence.  It was very eloquent and can be watched at the same link as the trial.  I don't know how long it will be up but I hope you get to listen to his words.  He then read all the sentences , giving him the max for each one .  12 consecutive life sentences with 3,318 years with no chance of parole was the final count .  Some automatically come with parole but is moot as the life sentences are no parole .  He called it a most heinous act he has ever sat over and has never seen first responders cry in court before this case.  " “It is the court’s intention that the defendant never step foot in free society again,” Judge Carlos Samour said as he handed down the harshest sentence possible for the man who killed 12 and wounded 70 others in the July 2012 attack. The defendant does not deserve any sympathy,” Samour said. Then, at 11:18 a.m., Samour sternly said: “Sheriff, get the defendant out of my courtroom please.” .  

these are posts I made on Face book this evening .  

I wish to thank Judge Carlos Samour, the prosecution team , the court guards, all first responders, Drs and nurses , the support teams and therapy dogs for the victims' families and surviving victims , and the city of Aurora , CO for all going above and beyond the call to duty . For your love, compassion and unending support for all who have gone to hell and back . Healing will take our entire lifetime , let it now begin.

I wish to add my thanks to my family and friends here , who were there for me and understood when I was angry and on the edge . When I was sad or despondent and distant even while fighting your own battles. Many times I have seen the Angel of Death and he has passed me by . I don't know why I have been spared and yet my nephew John was taken . Were it possible, I would gladly take his place . heart emoticon RIP John .

Ditto on all of the above from me.  Thank you, God bless and love you all, and please be in prayer for those who are in custody, who should be released back into society.  Many men and women in the jails, prisons, work centers, and half-way houses, are innocent.

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

At least this particular ordeal is over. I have no idea how much people can heal after such an evil act, but I hope all those affected can find some peace.

This individual has got his just desserts – a lifetime in a tough prison.

I’m full of admiration for the judge. He really did handle the whole situation extremely well.

• Like 1

I wish to thank the Elders for allowing this thread and Earthnut for suggestion it .   As Frank found , Evil is everywhere and as one is struck down another takes its place .   Only through the Good standing together can those of us touched by such Evil do we survive . 

• Like 1

I wish to thank the Elders for allowing this thread and Earthnut for suggestion it .   As Frank found , Evil is everywhere and as one is struck down another takes its place .   Only through the Good standing together can those of us touched by such Evil do we survive . 

I'm thrilled to see we are now on page 4.  Yes, thank you Elders for allowing this thread.