In 2010 Lance celebrated his 70th birthday. Five years later, the article I wrote remains the same, and if you all don't mind, I'd like to share it again, especially since we have new members that were not here in 2010. Every subject is a quote from Lance.

The Birth and Life of Lance Henriksen

May 5, 1940

In pondering where to being an article on Lance Henriksen for his 70th birthday celebration, I was drawn to Lance Henriksen Magic, “The Tao of Lance” page, at www.LanceHenriksen.info. The first line written about him on this page states that the author feels Lance is “a particularly decent human being.” With all my heart, I sincerely thank the author for this page, and with all due respect, I believe Lance goes beyond decent. Lance Henriksen’s attitude and beliefs, to me, express how we all should, not just look at life, but how we should walk in it. His individual spirit is an example of the fruits of the Holy Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23 (KJV).

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, against such there is no law.”

Lance Henriksen quotes:

Love

I have a great wife and daughter and dogs and a life - and I make pottery. I have things outside of [my work] that keep my feet on the ground. I'll never buy into [fame]." E@H

Joy

"I will not sit back and wait for somebody else's call to live. That's a big mistake. If I've got a movie to do and I've got a month to get ready for it, I do it organically. So it's very important for me to have a good sense of time, time being used well and time just lived. I'm not waiting to live any more of my life." Cult Times

Peace

Everybody needs labour. There's rest in labour, there's pride in labour. You've gotta be able to do something even if its just digging a garden, but you gotta do it everyday when you're not doing the thing that makes you a living. Now acting is certainly an art form, but pottery for me is spiritual." Cult Times

Longsuffering

"That's what I see [Frank Black] as, this incredible ability to stay with it, to not give up, to not judge. If you judge, you run out of energy. It's like a boxer holding his breath when he's throwing a punch, that's what judging is like. He runs out of energy because he's holding his breath. And you get a guy like Frank Black, who doesn't judge so he has that energy to stay in the fray. And that's what I loved about him. I lived that role." Videoscope Winter 2002

Gentleness

I've never tried to have a career where I've calculated [everything]. It's been more like a farm where you get up in the morning and you step out and you smell the air and you get out there and you try to grow something." Cult Times

Goodness

"There's no money to be made in helping a young director out of the gate. But in honesty that's never been an issue with me." Shivers

Faith

"Every movie I make changes me, makes me a different person, forces me to grow and think." Shivers

Meekness (humility)

"I appreciate the idea that anybody would think of me as a star. But I'm really not career oriented in the sense that I want to be a star. It's not in me. It's not what I do. In fact, I'm amazed that I've even gotten this far." fango 129

Temperance (moderation in indulgence)

"After a while people have to take responsibility for their own actions for what they do in this world. I'll take responsibility for what I do. But political correctness and V chips and telling me to wear a styrofoam helmet in the bath tub 'cos I might slip and fall doesn't do it for me. I love the feeling that I am making my own choices and living by them. Leave some room for the human condition. We're not perfect and never will be." E@H

~ ~ ~

From humble beginnings, with your father a poor Norwegian merchant sailor, and with your talented, hardworking mother, to becoming a highly esteemed actor, Lance Henriksen, it is an honor and a joy to give this article to you for your 70th birthday. It is given with all of my respect to you personally, and gratitude for being a small portion of your life, one of many members of the online Millennium Group, and involved in the campaign to “Bring Back Frank Black.”

I know in my heart that I can speak for all of us when I say that you will always be in our hearts and prayers, and that you are blessed today on your birthday, and always, in the joy of life.

~ This Is Who We Are ~

Darlene Luke (Earthnut)

May 5, 2010

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines