By The Numbers: 7

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Snapper

Since I've been a lazy sob, there's a double serving tonight, and finally here's one with some real meat.

Make your choice, Frank.

Edited by Snapper

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

All three were pretty good episodes, and this is probably the poll with the most evenly matched episodes so far. I am going to go with the Curse Of Frank Black with Blood relatives second. I remember Skull And Bones as being pretty good, but don't remember a whole lot about the episode, other than I enjoyed it. It's a shame that the season 2 DVD wont be out sooner, because the Curse Of Frank Black would be a perfect episode to get me into the Halloween spirit later this month. Oh well, I'm sure there will be some cable channels that will have some Halloween marathons on. PS, can anyone tell me why there are certain subjects that I cannot respond to? I get a note saying I don't have permission to respond to them, or something to that effect. are there certain subjects that not everyone can contribute to, or is this a glitch in the system?

Guest Chascarrillo

"Curse" by a mile. Not that the other two aren't good, just that they aren't much more than good... and they're competing with one of the very best of Season Two.

...........true, curse is one of the all time greats and the best effort, personally, by M&W in S2. Brilliant by any standard of any season. I chose Skull and Bones because, for me, it carried far more dread and chills-(and downright disturbed me by the ending scenes)- than curse. IMO curse is more of a morality play/think-piece than anything else, and i mean that in a good way. Plus S&K aired right around halloween/98 so every halloween i now watch curse followed by S&K.

...for newbies looking for chills in curse they are likely to be dissapointed because it really isn't very frightenning. But i can't imagine halloween without it just the same. I especially enjoyed the frank flashbacks.

...S&K is VERY effective at building up a sense of dread and the final miuntes are, for me, downright disturbing....and i LOVE IT. So that was the tie breaker for me; which was one scariest.

~se7en

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
.........WOW!  It's "Curse" by a MILE now! 

Guess everyone's getting into the Holiday spirit! :devil01:

What would be really nice would be if someone were to air that episode on or near Halloween, but at least I will be able to watch Pumpkinhead if they don't. By the way, yes, I'm getting into the spirit. It's always been a fun day for me, whether it's been trick or treating or passing stuff out as an adult. I kicked things off by buying a used copy of Blair Witch Project the other night. Not to get off subject, but did anyone else here enjoy that movie? I thought the acting in it was excellent. I think I have heard more negative reviews then positive from people I have heard talk about it, but I think they are missing the point. In a way, it's a throwback to some of the great old horror movies where you had to use your imagination a little. The fact that there was not crystal clear footage of some hideous witch or beast made it more realistic. I thought it was very well done and a great human drama.

.....some will scoff-(BAH! to you all!)- but i enjoyed "both" parts VERY much. i remember the phenomenon clearly and it really wasn't until it hit mass saturation that the inevitible backlash ensued. That seems to be how always goes with pop-culture. Take star wars........-(PLEASE!-TAKE IT!)

~se7en