By The Numbers: 7

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
.....some will scoff-(BAH! to you all!)- but i enjoyed "both" parts VERY much. i remember the phenomenon clearly and it really wasn't until it hit mass saturation that the inevitible backlash ensued. That seems to be how always goes with pop-culture. Take star wars........-(PLEASE!-TAKE IT!)

~se7en

Hmm, very interesting. I never did see the second part. I heard that it was not very good, but then again, that might have been mostly the critics. Given the fact that you are a big fan of Millennium, and based on your previous posts, I will trust your judgment and give it a look one of these days.

......what originally peeked my interest in the "Book of Shadows" was that it was directed by Joe Berlinger, who is for my money the best person now making documentaries-(Paradise Lost pts. 1&2","Brother's Keeper" and the recently released docu, which i have not yet seen, about Metallica, among many others).

So what you have is a documentary filmaker making a movie about a guy making a documentary about the blair witch project mania from that resulted from the first movie.

As far as sequels go it was the most orginal idea for my money and, yes, i honestly, truly thought it was not only well executed and directed but very well acted. It was a pretty despised movie by most fans and critics, but not all. It's definately not your typical sequel in that the foundation of it is the acutal real mania that occured before and after the first movie was released.

"Film lies . . ."

~se7en :ouro:

Edited by se7en

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
.....some will scoff-(BAH! to you all!)- but i enjoyed "both" parts VERY much. i remember the phenomenon clearly and it really wasn't until it hit mass saturation that the inevitible backlash ensued. That seems to be how always goes with pop-culture. Take star wars........-(PLEASE!-TAKE IT!)

~se7en

Well, I rented Blair Witch Two last night, and I agree, it wasn't half bad, and was a good film to get in the spirit of the season. True, Halloween has come and gone, but this is still November, and one of the spookier times of year. Tonight is a perfect example, at least in my neck of the woods (Michigan). It's a gray dreary spooky looking autumn night out there. I don't think Blair Witch two was anywhere near as good as the original, which was really outstanding in my opinion, but I agree, it did have some originality to it, was well acted, and was well directed. It was also not quite as cheesy as I expected, and not as trashy as some of the films in the "young hikers in the woods" genre. Thanks for the heads up, this was worth watching and entertaining as horror flicks go. I have it for a week, so I might even watch it again.

...hey, glad you liked it! And i know exactly what you mean about both the month of november and our respective locations. I'm "guessing" that if you're in the woods of michigan then that means we're both in the beloved "North Country", which does indeed have it's own uniquely wonderful vibe(s), we're buried in hills/mountains and woods here.

...from the end of october through November is when i watch most of my horror flicks. next up: annual viewings of "Mothman Prophecies", "The changeling", "EX3: Legion" and "Ghost Story"...among others!

~se7en

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
...hey, glad you liked it!  And i know exactly what you mean about both the month of november and our respective locations. I'm "guessing" that if you're in the woods of michigan then that means we're both in the beloved "North Country", which does indeed have it's own uniquely wonderful vibe(s), we're buried in hills/mountains and woods here.

...from the end of october through November is when i watch most of my horror flicks. next up: annual viewings of "Mothman Prophecies", "The changeling", "EX3: Legion" and "Ghost Story"...among others!

~se7en

Ahhh yes, Mothman Prophecies is another great one. I don't know how many times I have watched it sense buying my own copy, but that one is as good as it gets. I loaned it to my Dad and step Mom a couple of months ago, and they seemed to think it was a little too weird. I think they said they liked it, it just didn't blow their socks off. I, on the other hand, think it was the best movie I saw at the theater that year, and at least one of the best I saw period. I could tell just from the previews that it was going to be a great one, and I was not disappointed at all. I can't think of a movie that is creepier, for last of a better word, but a good creepy. It also had a nice thick plot, was well acted, had a great cast, and a lot of unexpected twists, right up to a great ending.... "Wake up number 34".

• 5 months later...
.........WOW!  It's "Curse" by a MILE now! 

Guess everyone's getting into the Holiday spirit! :devil01:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Curse" was one of my favorites from the first two collections. A very young Frank obviously just developing his talents with the death of Mr. Crocell, a bit of humor when Frank sat and made faces at the pumpkin he had just carved, the basement scene represented by my attachment below, and Frank asking for a cellphone from the costumed man dressed as a Chig, which was an alien villian in the director's sci-fi series Space:Above and Beyond. It also had elements of eerie happenings with the pumpkin re-lighting by itself, and with seeing the Gehenna Devil in the window of his own house and in the house when he took Jordan trick-or-treating. And last but not least, the toe-tapping song "LiL Demon" by Screamin Jay Hawkins..(the Dean Martin song was an odd, but nice choice as well). Not to mention the

Now, in the attic scene with the angel? demon? of Mr. Crocell, there is a part where he says to Frank "He's been watching you"...now who do you think he means by that? do you think the choice of going back to his "yellow house" or "going further than i have ever gone" is a warning? And from who?

any thoughts?

post-1098-1114911152_thumb.jpg

"Curse" by a mile. Not that the other two aren't good, just that they aren't much more than good... and they're competing with one of the very best of Season Two.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well said, hard to compete with the curse of frank black...great episode

Ahhh yes, Mothman Prophecies is another great one. I don't know how many times I have watched it sense buying my own copy, but that one is as good as it gets. I loaned it to my Dad and step Mom a couple of months ago, and they seemed to think it was a little too weird. I think they said they liked it, it just didn't blow their socks off. I, on the other hand, think it was the best movie I saw at the theater that year, and at least one of the best I saw period. I could tell just from the previews that it was going to be a great one, and I was not disappointed at all. I can't think of a movie that is creepier, for last of a better word, but a good creepy. It also had a nice thick plot, was well acted, had a great cast, and a lot of unexpected twists, right up to a great ending.... "Wake up number 34".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that was a very cool and strange movie, someone told me part of that is based on true events, any truth to that?

• 4 months later...
that was a very cool and strange movie, someone told me part of that is based on true events, any truth to that?

The collapse of the Silver bridge in 1967 is true.

https://www.rootsweb.com/~wvmason/pointpleasant/silver.html

Most of the accounts from wittnesses were well documented. I had read John Keel's book which was really convincing. Well... intense anyway.

- more information here.

https://www.prairieghosts.com/moth.html

Bonnie