Uk Season 2

Rate this topic

Guest michjoto

Guest michjoto

I just received my season 2 copy ordered from the UK and when I put it in my DVD player I get a message that says "playback prohibited by area restrictions". Does anyone know what that's all about?

• Elders (Admins)

Er, you are obviously playing it on a non-Region 2 DVD Player! Whoops!

Search the internet for a Region Free hack for your DVD player. With a special number inserted by the remote control, you can make many DVD Players region code free (Region 0). Try here for a start...

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

• 1 month later...
Guest Max Fenig

Although you've probably already figured it out, many DVD players can format themselves into any Region, just check the menu. The only problem that remains in playing it on an NTSC TV, which can be fixed if you have a PAL to NTSC converter. I've been thinking about doing this myself, even though it's only a month away.

Aw, who am I kidding. ONLY?!

This is a bit of topic drift - but Im assuming everyone in the UK can confirm that Season 2 is in Widescreen format.

Why Seasons 2 and 3 but not Season 1? I dont think they changed their camera types between seasons. And is this the "forced" WS where they just chop the top and botom off for the black bars - or the terrible WS job they did on the series "Angel" where you could actually see equiptment off to the sides on a couple of episodes.

Guest Max Fenig
This is a bit of topic drift - but Im assuming everyone in the UK can confirm that Season 2 is in Widescreen format.

Why Seasons 2 and 3 but not Season 1? I dont think they changed their camera types between seasons. And is this the "forced" WS where they just chop the top and botom off for the black bars - or the terrible WS job they did on the series "Angel" where you could actually see equiptment off to the sides on a couple of episodes.

I have yet to see the last two seasons, but it appears they are 100% REAL widescreen, as they DID change the style of filming from season one to two. It would correspond with The X-Files switching from full screen to widescreen from it's fourth to fifth, and the general popularity of widescreen filming on television.

27 days remain.