X-Files - from trailer to new series [Spoilers!]

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

David and Gillian clearly love reprising their XF roles - I don't think they do it just for the money. But they've both said they wouldn't ever do a full 20+ season again, and I don't blame them for that. If this 6-episode season does well, there could well be a second season.

I don't know how well Hollywood-TV is doing in terms of short seasons. It's always worked well in the UK (e.g. Broadchurch), but then we don't have annoyance of sweeps months.

The trailer does seem to me that they've both slipped back so easily into their M&S roles - possibly better than they did in IWTB. And Mitch Pileggi seems to have a better role this time.:59:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To us The X-Files coming back is exciting.  However, this article was a bit disturbing but love the images ~

https://tufayel.tumblr.com/post/137220421514/the-x-files-reviews-are-in-for-new-episodes-and

tumblr_inline_o0wb8lx8P71rkk18g_500.jpg

The X-Files: Reviews Are In For New Episodes And They’re Not Pretty

The first reviews for the upcoming X-Files revival are in—and it seems many critics would rather the truth remained out there.

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny have reprised their roles as FBI detectives Dana Scully and Fox Mulder for the six-part miniseries and the buzz around the new episodes has been building for months.

With original show creator Chris Carter at the helm, the Lone Gunmen returning and an appearance from The Soup’s Joel McHale, anticipation was high.

But early reviews from the US, where the show airs later this month, suggest the goodwill for the show’s return hasn’t lasted.

The Hollywood Reporter calls it “messy” and “tedious”, adding the show “limps back for a limited run”. Oh dear…

“It’s not very good,” says reviewer Tim Goodman of the first episode.

tumblr_inline_o0wb9qqNyb1rkk18g_500.jpg

He continues, “What we’re left with is a very underwhelming hour that will force even diehard fans (and yes, I was one of them) to consider whether pushing onward is really worth the time.”

Variety was equally unimpressed with the episode. 

Brian Lowry, TV critic, writes: “[Based] on the premiere, the harsh truth in here is that it’s as if creator Chris Carter and his collaborators have forgotten what people liked about the show.”

He concludes the new series feels “like a missed opportunity”.

The X-Files miniseries is due to air on Channel 5 next month