New Zealand students perform the haka at their teacher's funeral

• Elders (Admins)

I found this incredibly moving.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, wow, wow, very moving, I got goosees on my arms and a lump in mu throat watching it.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

When I started watching, I wondered why the funeral cortege was driving into the site against the traffic markings on the road. That's the sight bit. I wasn't paying attention to what I was hearing. Then the camera panned around to those boys/young men, and that's when I realised they were paying great homage to their teacher. It wasn't choreographed in the way that school concerts are, it was something that went deep into the ancestry/bedrock of that country, which has only recently begun to be respected.

It did give me a wake-up call; in that I was seeing traffic management, and I was hearing "noise", but it turned out to be something very different. Kids these day, eh? There are times when those pesky kids can catch us oldies out by their connection to and display of emotions.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

It's heartwarming in today's society to see young people like that showing such love and respect.  This world needs more of them.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)