Not A Good Sign

Rate this topic

Guest Demolition Man

Guest Demolition Man

<steps on the soapbox>

From TheDigitalBits.com.....

In other news today, we've got details on the extras to look for on Fox's 6-disc Millennium: The Complete Second Season (1/4 - SRP $59.98). The episodes will be presented in full frame with Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround audio. Bonus material will include audio commentary on The Hand of Saint Sebastian by Tom Wright, audio commentary on The Mikado by Michael R. Perry and a pair of documentaries - The Turn of the Tide: Making of Season 2 (33 mins) and Academy Group: Victimology (24 mins).

Now either we can hope that...

A) Fox sent them the wrong info and it is 16:9 Widescreen.

Or dread that...

B) Fox is screwing us by releasing the 16:9 Widescreen versions in the UK yet P&S 4:3 here in the States.

If its B then I'm boycotting the boxset. No way am I going to buy a product knowing that a superior version got released in another country. And no I am not importing it either - sorry, but if Fox can release it there then they can release it here as well in Widescreen. No exceptions.

I know I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but I'm passionate about wanting to experience things the way they are intended, and Season 2 & 3 are meant to be Widescreen. Plus being an artist myself, I don't like having others telling me to alter my ideas and visions.

<steps off the soapbox>

I guess its true 'one mans ceiling is another mans floor' .......I prefer full screen; maybe its my tv or just wanting to see the largest Frank posible...lol... The best would be a Millennium movie shown at the drive-in as that is a 60x80 screen.. now that is a lot of Frank.... :jumping:

Guest Discopolis

My guess would be A. Fox's press release for R2-version of season two also said that it would be fullscreen even though it was widescreen. I think the only reason for fullscreen-release would be that 1013 would want it to be released that way, and that doesn't seem likely. I wouldn't start to panic yet, but I guess that's easy for me to say 'cause I already own season two in widescreen :smokin:

.........i can confrim from a REAL-(lol!)-contact at Fox-(in which a MDUK/TIWWA-EXCLISIVE announcement will be made on sunday reagrding an extra special surprise for long suffering R1-S2 fans)- that S2 is 100% positively in 16X9 anamorphic widescreen. You guys can trust me on this........and i haven't let you down yet! ...so stay tuned for a an exclusive kick-ass announcement sometime on sunday!

PEACE ALL,

se7en :ouro:

Guest Seraphim
.........i can confrim from a REAL-(lol!)-contact at Fox-(in which a MDUK/TIWWA-EXCLISIVE announcement will be made on sunday reagrding an extra special surprise for long suffering R1-S2 fans)- that S2 is 100% positively in 16X9 anamorphic widescreen. You guys can trust me on this........and i haven't let you down yet!  ...so stay tuned for a an exclusive kick-ass announcement sometime on sunday!

PEACE ALL,

se7en  :ouro:

My interest has been peeked ^^

Guest Demolition Man

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

TheDigitalBits.com has now confirmed that Season 2 will be...

1.78:1 WIDESCREEN

I am that much happier now. Season 2 in Widescreen just makes me bubbly inside in a way I can't describe... but I'm excited as hell. :grin2: So bring it on, my $50 will be set aside already for the boxset come Janurary 4th! :jumping: