Shoutbox Thread

Will this temporary thread work in place of the Shoutbox?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had one of those golden orb spiders that made a web from the gate to some tree branches.  I noticed the golden web,  thought it was fishing line it was so thick!  Then I saw the spider.    It looked kinda angry.   It really creeped me out.  I normally am not that nervous of spiders but these things are huge!   I figured, landlords brother would encounter it  some time later that day, since he lives in  a different unit in the yard.   Knowing many men are terrified of spiders, I did smile  a little, on the inside... and a bit more the outside.  I bid the big spider a good day, and came on inside.

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

I don't get alligators in the yard or anything, but they are all over Florida, the whole state.   I cam across one a few years ago. I was walking on a dick pretty high off the water, and I'm scared of heights, so I was   kind of looking at the water down below, when  I almost  walked withing striking range of about a 6 foot gator.  It jumped off the high dock into the water and THAT startled me  so bad I almost fell off the dock.   I was off a highway and had gone under a bridge and  across the  waterway from the fishing boat ramp, so no one would have known if I fell in.  It's where a river meets the bay,  and though I know gators like brackish water, I'd not really expected to see one! That was my first up close sighting.   I know all my life

I  have had to be wary of  gators, cottonmouth snakes, rattlesnakes, copperhead snakes, coral snakes, pygmy rattlers and  various spiders etc, growing up in FL and Louisiana. I loved to run the woods, and fish, and swim in the waterways. Sometimes I'd get   really scared of going into the woods, or by the ponds or creeks to fish or play.    But, you know what scares me most?  Wasps, bees, bummblebees, hornets, yellow jackets,  and others like those.   I don't know why, they give me the frights!  If a wasp had gotten into the house instead of  the snake that day?   I might have  run out of the house  instead of going towards what came it!   Go figure !LOL  Phobias make no sense.

I probably would have danced a bit if that giant spider had gotten ON me, but  still I don't fear those as much as I do  the flying stinging things!

I  came across a bunch of brown widow spiders.  I never knew there WERE brown widow spiders.  We have the black widow, and the brown recluse,  and the  cute little tiny spiders that are in the house. They are brave little things, they look fuzzy, are black, maybe with white on their backs?   I don't know what kind they are, but there is always one on my bathroom counter or wall.  They chase mosquitoes and other things. I think they are jumping spiders?  I like those.

Thanks for the welcome back!  The repair guy said he didn't know how my phone and net even worked at all, someone had done so badly setting up that connection or terminal or whatever they call it. 

W. H. Auden

This is awesome, the yes votes have reached 66.67%...yee ha yippee  :clapping:  :wiggle:  :bogie:  

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Nature can be fascinating, but I prefer to have a screen between me and the scary bits.

I'm glad you didn't fall off that dock!

Thanks for the welcome back!  The repair guy said he didn't know how my phone and net even worked at all, someone had done so badly setting up that connection or terminal or whatever they call it. 

Sometimes I'm amazed when things do work, against the odds.

This is awesome, the yes votes have reached 66.67%...yee ha yippee  :clapping:  :wiggle:  :bogie:  

And look at how many posts!

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

@Earthnut I don't think they are poisonous but you can see their jaws so...

@seesthru I've been stung many times by bees and wasps over the years. I was stung last month by a wasp and it swelled to the size of an plum. I've never had anything like that happen to me before, so now I'm a little leery.

One night this summer,I ran over an alligator with the company truck.  It was a little over 3 foot long. We had a lot of rain this year so the gators are on the move looking for new water with less competition for food 

Just watched a video where a man in Phoenix, AZ filmed a rescue of ground squirrel from a swimming pool.  It took about an hour to revive it so it could get up and run.  Very heartwarming.  Here's the video, and he gives you times to forward to in case you don't want to watch the entire video.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

@model217 I've been stung a few times, so far no reactions.  You can get allergic to those kinds of things  even if you hadn't been in the past.  You never know!  I've never run over a  gator before...I hit a squirrel once. Poor thing.   It wasn't as lucky as the pool squirrel  @Earthnut.  I've seen that video, that guy did a very kind thing.  The little thing looks like a newborn all wet like that! Glad he could scamper off!  

W. H. Auden

BEER----> Well, look at that, and you don't even have to be Aboriginal!

BELCH

EARTH----> Perfect reply Mr. Belch... :signlol:  Really cute video Libby.

@seesthru ~ I was so very impressed with the man's patience with the squirrel.  Most of the general public would have tossed the little guy to the side and moved on with their day, not caring a bit.  :nahah:  :WhipMeLucysaidFrank:

News Flash ~ 1 1/2-pound baby born on cruise ship beats odds to survive... Yee ha yippee :clapping:

New subject ~ Air Pollution (1:28) ~ "Air pollution killed seven million people worldwide in 2012."  We have become a parasite on our planet, destroying it a little more every day.  The thing is, if you've seen The History Channel's video, "Life After People," you would already know that, no matter how bad it gets, the planet will survive, but we won't.

greenribbon.jpg

Wear a "Green Ribbon" to show your Support of the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC). The mission of the NRDC is to “safeguard the Earth: its people, its plants and animals and the natural systems on which all life depends.”

They are also being worn for, "Mental Health Awareness," and "Climate Change Awareness."

Edited by Earthnut

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines