Shoutbox Thread

Will this temporary thread work in place of the Shoutbox?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Elders (Admins)

In view of this thread being our current version of the shoutbox: There was a huge weather system that moved north from France into southern England, where I live. We did get some rain, but the storm was mostly to the east, so we didn't get any B:ouro::ouro:M B:ouro::ouro:Ms, but we didn't get any flooding either, for which I'm grateful.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Libby, I saw that on the news and meant to post something about it, unless I did and forgot I did, which is very possible.  Glad to hear all is well in your corner of the world.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Oh, I'm often forgetting whether or not I did something or other. That's why I keep a journal. ;)

There was another big band of rain today, but that mostly went to the other side of us. But we did get some rain overnight, which was good as the garden needed it. I always feel a bit guilty about posting about the weather here, even though it's we Brits' favourite topic of conversation - but we don't often get big weather as others do.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Admins)

The day before the (forecasted) storm, my daughter had to take her toddler to the shoe shop because the only footwear that still fitted him were a pair of sandals. He's happier if they can get out of the house, and puddles are for jumping in.

I went along with them. Who knew that trying on welly boots or shoes could be the worstest ever thing in the entire universe to inflict upon a 19-month-old? I was surprised that so much noise could come from such a small person.

I don't remember if my children reacted that way when they were that age. I wasn't keeping a journal back then - probably just as well, really.

Libby

We had some needed rain today, but it didn't last very long.  It certainly cooled things off, but still dealing with the humidity...yuck.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

We seem to be going into a premature autumn here. Although the temperatures and humidity are somewhat high, there's such a lot of cloud cover that we need the lights on much earlier in the evening than is normally the case for this time of year. Other people have reported that trees and flowers seem to be already going into autumn mode. It's been a very weird summer this year.

Libby

So thankful it has cooled down here in Oklahoma.  Expect rain tomorrow but not sure yet how much.  Even though it was warm today, the humidity was down, and it sure made a difference.

My sons got me a new sofa and a 45"flat screen HD TV Sunday.  I am so blessed.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

BEER---> Using this as a'Shout Box'. I sent a photo along with my last post for 'Algae'. Don't know if it went thru.

BELCH

Not seeing a photo with your last post, and it quoted it to reply.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines