"witchcraft" killings in Pensacola

Rate this topic

Could triple slaying in Pensacola be tied to blue moon?

A day earlier, Morgan said the initial investigation pointed toward some kind of "ritualistic killing."

"The method of the murder — blunt force trauma ... positioning of the bodies — and our person of interest has some ties to a faith or religion that is indicative of that," Morgan said at a press conference Tuesday.

He added that that the time of death "coincides with what's referred to as a blue moon, which occurs every three years."

Ritualistic Killing
Associated Press

The blue moon, a rare second full moon in a single month, occurred on Friday, July 31. While the bodies were discovered that day in the home, authorities believe the killings occurred three days before.

Now I personally believe the Sheriff is full of crap.  You would believe by his words, that the purpose of the killings is to fill some sort of ritual or rite.    He would fail  profiling 101 then.

What we probably have here, is a personal revenge motive for the killings and overkill, indicating rage.  The fact that the person of interest is allegedly wiccan is irrelevant, as wicca is supposedly a religion in which killing would be abhorrent.

My belief is that the killer had a personal grudge, decided to kill the three,  shot the(critical member of) homeland security one in the head to disable him before beating him with a claw hammer. The 77 year old mother and the other son were beaten with a claw hammer too. All three had their throats slit. They allegedly were posed after death.

He most likely had a grudge against one or all of the family members.  I gather that he gained entry because he knew the family.( no sign of forced entry)   Robbery was apparently not a motive. There was money and valuable stuff in the home not taken.

So what, then?  Grudge?  Likely.  Was the homeland security guy in the home the primary target for  murder and the other two just witnesses that needed removal? The scene staged ?  That's more likely than witchcraft!  I think we have a rage killing or a personal cause killing that went into overkill and the posing and all was an " F you" to the family and whoever found the bodies. If the killer practices  wicca or witchcraft,  this is about as  religion based as pediphilia is in  Christianity.  ( Hint:  that means it's not).  I'd almost be willing to be the killer is a nutjob  or paranoid and killed specifically because he thought homeland security guy was after him or something.  

The family was reclusive.  Now, 2 sons, in their late 40's at home with 77 year old mom. Odd.   One is homeland security, the other works at walmart.  They lived in that house fro 27 years, bit no one really knew them.  They didn't socialize.   I know people like that. I don't find  being hermit-like odd at all. but I do find it strange that both sons live at home with mom, and  indications are they always have.. No families, no girlfriends, not guy friends?   No desire to move out on their own?   This part of the country yeah that's more common than you'd think... but for someone who works with homeland security ( if he in fact does),  I would  have thought there'd be more normalcy.

The family members were found Friday  when police did a welfare check on the home. Friday was the full Blue moon.  The family had most likely been killed  on Tuesday. That was NOT the blue moon. Still they call the homicides the "blue moon murders"

• Like 1

There is scientific fact that some sea and wildlife are governed by the phases of the moon, even the tides, and, possibly humans can have some small reaction, but not to a large degree where it would cause someone to commit murder, or any violent act.  I believe it is a coincidence with the blue moon, but even though the Wicca religion is abhorrent to killing, not all confessions of a religion are real.  Just as a confessed Christian may not actually be a Christian, which in reality is saying, "I am Christ-like", and so on through all religions.  And many people have their own private religion that they have put together from bits and pieces of others, and of course their own life's experiences and influences.  Mankind's mind and emotional realms dictate how people live, not the stars, unless of course someone turns to them for guidance, like reading the daily horror-scope.

I believe there can be a lot of traits passed on through our genetic structure, and of course a mental problems, drugs, etc., but often, to me, violence is a choice, and our choices, whether good or bad from our thinking or emotions, affect everyone around us.  Free choice is a gift, and sad to say, most of society abuses it in one way or another.

Sheriff Morgan is acting like these three victims were a sacrifice.  No.  The  person of interest does profess to be wiccan, but this was personal, not sacrificial. Any resemblance to ritual is strictly for the enjoyment of the killer.  ALso, Morgan claims this was a blue moon ritual killing.  They died on Tuesday, the blue moon was on Friday, the day they were found. It amazes me how quickly they jumped to  witchcraft and nonsense, and how quickly people believed them!  What they will do is create a backlash against people of non christian faiths, a real witch hunt if you will, because one guy with a beef killed three people and  in his   zeal to make the most of his deeds he  posed them for effect.

• Like 1