Happy International Left Handers Day! ( Aug 13)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/science/lefty-righty-here-astonishing-statistics-4757193

Oddly enough, I am not a typical lefty .. I suck at visual spatial stuff, and am not all that balanced, LOL!  I am fairly bright though!

12 Lefty facts!

Edited by seesthru

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to be almost ambidextrous until my fall in 2008, and now have a torn left rotator cuff.  I have high respect and admiration for Walkabout, knowing how hard she has it.  She struggles to get com

Sis angels, that's a good thing! :)

• Elders (Admins)

Very many years ago, I was doing admin work in a house that had a housekeeper, an assistant housekeeper, and a secretary. All three were left-handed. I'm right-handed.

One day, I picked up a pair of scissors to cut something out. They all stood there, watching, as I was struggling, not figuring out why those scissors didn't work. Of course, the scissors were left-handed scissors. They found it funny (as did I), but that did give me a clue as how difficult it is for left-handers to live in a right-handed world. The secretary, who was around the same age as me, later told me that one of her teachers in primary school regarded her as stupid (i.e. intellectually deficient) because she was left-handed. These days, there are a greater number of left-handed people, mostly, I guess, because they are allowed to be.

Chris Carter is left-handed.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

I find it interesting and strange, that out of all my family members, on both sides, only my daughter is left-handed.

Libby, I went through the same experience with left-handed scissors.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I haven´t thought about people been so different only because they are left handed. The first that came to my mind was Hendrix. That got me thinking. And then, the best two football players in history, Messi and Maradona, are left. Paul Mccartney, Ian Paice, Bowie, Einstein, Da Vinci...and Mr. Carter too? haha. MMMmm...not sure about some presidents :eyes: but let´s keep that out. Anyway, I found this detailed list: http://lefthand.wikia.com/wiki/Famous_left_handers

‘Left Handers Day’ ignores the Ambidextrous and Transhand communities. End this discrimination now!

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2014/08/left-handers-day-ignores-the-ambidextrous-and-transhand-communities-end-this-discrimination-now/

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

My husband is right-handed for writing, tennis, badminton. But can write reasonably legibly left-handed.

Left-handed for golf.

In cricket he was a left-hand batsman and a right-hand bowler.

Ambi-footed for UK football aka soccer.

Right-handed when washing the dishes. <--- important. :)

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

I was the only left-hander in my family. So no left handed scissors for me.  I learned to use right handed scissors, right handed can openers, right handed guitar,  right handed stuff.  We had golf clubs  but I never learned those, I just couldn't  do right handed golf. I don't write all crooked handed. I will say my handwriting sucks, and I do get the smudge from my hand dragging across the  writing!  My third grade teacher tried to force me to be right handed .  It didn't work though.  I  switched  that pencil back to my left hand every time.  

My second stepmother used to say left handed people were evil.  She was always saying I was evil though.  Quiet people are evil, left handers are evil, etc.. She was actually pretty freaking evil, still is! LOL

I'm left footed too. Kick left footed, throw left handed, bat left handed, crochet left handed  ( youtube has how to crochet stuff for lefties!)

ambidextrous folks get to celebrate lefty day too!  

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

‘Left Handers Day’ ignores the Ambidextrous and Transhand communities. End this discrimination now!

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2014/08/left-handers-day-ignores-the-ambidextrous-and-transhand-communities-end-this-discrimination-now/

BEER----> All right! Yeah - no discrimination. That's hilarious!!!

BELCH

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines