Who Cares? We Care! Graphic Images.

http://leemoranyahoo.tumblr.com/post/127706443112/chinese-unicorn-woman-grows-gigantic-horn-in

Chinese ‘Unicorn Woman’ Grows Gigantic Horn In Middle Of Her Head

An elderly Chinese villager has been dubbed “the unicorn woman” due to an abnormal growth on her head that looks like a large horn, it’s reported.

Liang Xiuzhen started growing something that resembled a “black mole” on her head around eight years ago, according to her son Wang Chaojun.

The 87-year-old, from Guiyan village in Ziyang City, Sichuan Province, was left stunned when two years ago it gave way to a finger-sized horn-like mass.

Xiuzhen accidentally “broke” that small horn in February - and her current, much larger, horn - which is currently 13cm long -began growing rapidly in its place.

tumblr_inline_ntqnphFrO71tvnn6i_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_ntqnptMpEn1tvnn6i_500.jpg

“Now the horn hurts my mother and prevents her from sleeping. It also bleeds from time to time,” said Chaojun.

Doctors diagnosed the so-called unicorn horn as “cornu cutaneum” (cutaneous horn), a keratinous skin tumour that has the appearance of a horn.

Often small and benign, the growth can in some cases be much larger and malignant.

tumblr_inline_ntqnq1sguT1tvnn6i_500.jpg

Chaojun said doctors believe they can remove the growth through surgery, but the family has its reservations due to Xiuzhen’s old age and are considering other options.

“My mother is old, and the horn is on her head which is a very sensitive area. I’m not confident [in the idea of] surgery. If something goes wrong [during surgery], it would be terrible,” he said.

Only last month another pensioner made headlines after it was revealed she had three bizarre toenail-like growths sprouting from her foot and had appealed for doctors to operate.

The unnamed woman from the town of Wadi Al Dawasir in central Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh Province has reportedly been to several hospitals and clinics, with none of them able to explain what she is suffering from.

(Pictures credited to CEN)

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who cares?  It'sa question that seems nonchalant, but really it's a serious question.  Who does care?   I'd like to think we all care, here in our  forums.   In India this woman would be revered as a

Wow, 10 views and no comments.  Guess these pics freaked everyone out.  They are bizarre and very sad indeed.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

It's not uncommon. They can remove the  growths, which are keratin cne crazy  The growths can come back, but they can' remove them as they happen.

It's just sad to see, and the same with Dental Tori (extra jaw bone), it can be removed, but will continue to grow.  Same with a bump, called a blister, inside the mouth.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

I feel really sad that people have to endure these kinds of medical issues. Such a shame.

Wow, 10 views and no comments.  Guess these pics freaked everyone out.  They are bizarre and very sad indeed.

10 views may be guests or search engine bots none of which can posts replies. I think you've posted it in the wrong forum though to be honest, this one 'Who Cares?' is intended more to share birthday messages and congratulations, commiserations etc but all relating to our community and membership. The off-topic (non-Millennium related) forums are  in The Donut Hole...

http://www.millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/forum/192-the-donut-hole-our-off-topic-area-with-great-coffee33/

Millennium - This Is Who We Are

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community staff and autohides content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

I posted it in the "Who Cares?" because many of us do care about those who are stricken with things like this, or worse.  The thought of living with something like this is heart-wrenching.  I don't mind if it gets moved to the Donut Hole.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Who cares?  It'sa question that seems nonchalant, but really it's a serious question.  Who does care?   I'd like to think we all care, here in our  forums.   In India this woman would be revered as a goddess.  But they'd not ease her suffering, because they'd want to keep her as a goddess.  In America, if she were lucky, sh'e have had it taken care of long ago, and taken care of again each time it  came back.  In China, I think she probably spent lots of time shunnedy by all but family.   We should care about the pain of others.

• Like 1

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden