Millennium Today

Rate this topic

Hi. When I read that Lance Henriksen was going to answer the fans questions, the first one that I got in my mind was what would he (Lance H) think that Frank and the others characters (Hollis, Lara and Watts-if he is still alive) would be doing now?

I would like to ask U that question too to see what U have in mind. Plus, what direction should the show take...you know...to keep it more "real" like the 1 season, more mystique and full of conspiracies like the 2 season or more like the 3 season, which I think is a mix of both seasons.  And finally, what things about the show would you choose to leave behind and why.

Cheers!

M--012.jpg

Hi. When I read that Lance Henriksen was going to answer the fans questions, the first one that I got in my mind was what would he (Lance H) think that Frank and the others characters (Hollis, Lara and Watts-if he is still alive) would be doing now?

I would like to ask U that question too to see what U have in mind. Plus, what direction should the show take...you know...to keep it more "real" like the 1 season, more mystique and full of conspiracies like the 2 season or more like the 3 season, which I think is a mix of both seasons.  And finally, what things about the show would you choose to leave behind and why.

Cheers!

Good point, i have to think about this:thinking_big:

Frank would be  watching Jordan graduate college,  and go out on her own right about now, He'd be consulting again,  because having to  sell the yellow house, then bury Catherine, then run off with Jordan then come back and take time out to heal and get custody of her back?  Takes a financial toll.  Chances are he's  consulting; not for the FBI,  But for the group that  recruited him  when he had to say no and stick with MIllennium. We have to figure, since he was safe and sound and so was Jordan in the year 2000, that the group imploded or worked it's problems out and is  functional again, less powerful perhaps.

Emma would most likely have been compromised by Millennium, and her only hope s if the group imploded when all hell broke loose. They'd want her IN the FBI, but  the conflicting interests soon would have her fired or in prison if the group were as megalomaniacal as it was prior to 2000.. The only thing that would prevent her from rebelling  against the group would be the death of her father. If he is alive, she's with the group.

Lara?  If she recovered, and is still seeing her angel she's with the group.     If she's not seeing the angel, they have no use for her, maybe they let her live, maybe  after 2000 it just wasn't important. The end wasn't near. Maybe she's teaching at a quiet small college. 

Watts?  I  would like to think he's alive.  He wasn't in the x-files crossover which leads me to believe they killed him off, but... we never saw the face of the dead guy. If Watts is alive, he's gotten back into the graces of the group because he has nothing else. He is used to a lifestyle of   comfort, and so is his family.   If there is still a millennium group, and if Watts is alive, he's with the group. He is loyal and he was also in too deep, made too many enemies and did too much  stuff for the group. He needs it's protection, as does his family.

In a feel good world, Frank, Emma, and Lara and Jordan would gather at a cabin by a lake now and then, and just be.   Jordan would have  grown up with 2 "aunts" to help her through the awkward stages and help her with the things Frank Can't, like makeup and dating. Lara  would have helped Jordan understand  and control her ability, so that what happened to her will not happen to Jordan.  Emma and Lara  would have helped and watched Jordan grow bold, strong, and confident.  And the end of the day would go something like this:

New Years eve, 2015. Frank watches the three of them, wishing Catherine were there too, always wishing Catherine were there. He smiles, knowing Catherine would be proud of Jordan, and of him too.  He claps his hands, rubs them a bit, and asks: "Who's ready for dessert and egg nog?  It's fat free! He and Lara laugh at the private joke. Emma and Jordan opt for Hot buttered rum and  scones.  Jordan is willowy, tall, beautiful, with her mothers beautiful skin and hair,  and her fathers eyes. She smiles at Frank, and he sees how much she looks like Catherine. He looks up to the sky,  sighs,  and gives thanks   to the universe for his Daughter.

He likes this gathering. Every year, no matter what else is going on, they have a standing  date to gather at the lake, and catch up, recharge,  and just be. No work talk, no stress, just  peace. No one speaks of MIllennium, or the FBI, or the news.  They watch  old movies instead of cable or networks. Emma likes Dr Zhivago, citizen Kane and all the old Hitchcock stuff. Classic mysteries.  Lara, ever the romantic, has brought Pride and Prejudice, The King and I, and oddly enough, Joan of Arc.  Jordan of course, brings a bit of modernity into the mix,  with "this years hottest film".  Frank hasn't a clue what that could be. He  fervently hopes it's not Fifty shades of Grey or Bridget Jones' Diary. He knows he will be asleep before the opening credits, or he will pretend to be.  That way he can hang back, watching "his girls" just be girls.  He thinks that this is how Eddie must feel, wherever he is, with  his girls. He wishes them well

If you look across the  water from  that cabin, there's a family staying in a weekend cabin there too; a man, his wife and daughter, their husbands and the grandkids, Three granddaughters now, one on the way.   A lone male figure breaks away from the  family, walks to the water,  looks  across the waterway to the lights in the cabin window.  He can smell the popcorn in the breeze. and raises his glass in a silent toast, that is at once, hello, forgive me, peace to you all, and goodbye. Next year Frank, Emma, Lara, and Jordan will return to their cabin.  He and his ever growing family will  holiday elsewhere, somewhere warm, and most likely involving theme parks and mouse ears.  He sighs, a sigh of  unending loss "At least", he thinks, "there will be a tomorrow for them, for us"  "I'm so sorry Frank"  He whispers.   Then he turns, walks up the  slight hill to his own waiting family, ever-growing.  His oldest daughter looks at him, sees for a brief moment, the same look she saw years ago,  and without speaking, hugs him tight,  then  places his hand upon her belly.  "Dad?"  she asks, grinning.  "What do you think of the color blue for this little one? "...

• Like 1

very nice! That would give peace to Frank...and he really deserves that. Quite a romantic point of view :)

2 things: if Watts is alive, I know that the MG represented his whole world but it would be hard for me to think that he is still with the them because they tried to kill him. If it wasn't the MG, who could want him dead?

and "He thinks that this is how Eddie must feel, wherever he is, with his girls. He wishes them well".  sorry to ask but this is from "Omerta" right? 

thanks seesthru! This was very pleasant to read :)

Yes from Omerta.    If  Frank and Jordan had returned home?  The danger was over. Therefore I'm assuiming that the faction of the group Watts  belonged to, the one that wanted Frank alive, won the  civil war.  Watts would be with them in that case. I have to assume that is the case, otherwise,  Frank and Jordan woul dnever have been safe to return home.

My little story is romanticized.  After all it takes place on New Years eve.  Lara, as we knew form the show, didnt' appear to have any family or else she was estranged from them.   Emma had her dad,  but is he still living?  Hmm. She didn't form attachments easily,  and appeared to have no friends.   Frank had few freinds if any, and of course they all thought he was crazy in season 3 so they pretty much abandoned him  Jordan of course would have friends. But she would take one day out for her Dad at least. She would understand how important it is to keep their bond, and to live  as her mother would want.

So yeah  a calm peaceful wistful romanticized  bit of time in their lives, with Watts off in the shadows, keeping an eye on them in his own misunderstood way.

Emma´s father...now what great character...and the actor was great too. Those scenes with Klea Scott when his mind was lost for a while and suddenly got back...was so powerful and yes, so sad. Very good analisis from the characters. I think Jordan as an adult is going to understand more his father because of the gift that they shared. We can see that in an episode when Catherine sees that bound and she feels like an outsider.

A thousand years ago...I wrote just to spend some time travelling in bus a few very bad ideas for a 4 season and the only one that I thought that could be interesting to explore was starting the new season showing an aged Frank now as a "New Old Man" or an "Elder" of the MG. And then, going back to tell the story how and why he got there. I wrote a few lines as a hobby about that but after watching an episode of the show and see the talent of some of the writers, the amount of preparation that they must had, and information that they give in most episodes (especially Glen Morgan and James Wong)...well...I felt embarrassed with all that I wrote haha. Maybe it could work for "Arrow" or some crap like that! hahaha.