XFL exclusive interview with Jerry Hardin (Deep Throat)!

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

We are really pleased to present our new exclusive interview with actor Jerry Hardin, who played Deep Throat.

https://www.x-fileslexicon.com/exclusive/hardin.html

There was a time, due to his advance years, that I doubted we'd ever secure an interview, which is explained in the piece, but it was a thrill to hear that voice over the phone, and kind of surreal for me. I realize this won't cover much new ground for first generation fans, I had some limited time for the interview, and couldn't get to some of the topics I wanted to bring up, but it was still thrilling to speak to him.

Enjoy! :bigsmile:

• Like 2

• Elders (Admins)

Really enjoyed that interview, thanks Matt! Mr Hardin seems like such a nice chap. Hard to believe he is now in his mid 80's, I guess I still picture him as Deep Throat in my mind. I tend not to recall an actors other earlier roles when I become so familiar with a particular character. Another good interview, thanks again.

Thank you Earthnut, I pretty much know of no one who didn't like James Garner. I liked a lot of his work, I liked his appearance in "Victor / Victoria", as much as he was playing the love interest and straight man, no pun intended. He was always solid in anything he worked on, and I've heard he was very approachable.

• Like 1

I think Hardin would work still, if offers came in. His emphasis is not as much on his age and energy level as it is on the fact that  the offers aren't exactly rolling in for as many older as they do for younger ones.  I'll have to watch Rockford files, to see him in it!    And I need to catch back up on X files because when I see his picture i keep thinking he's mulders dad!

• Like 1