The Martian (2015)

The Martian (2015)

Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Kristen Wiig

During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive.

Saw this yesterday in 3-D with my kids, and let me say, it's one of the best pictures I've seen in a long time.  It's better the Gravity and I didn't think anything could get any better.  Raid the piggy bank because it's worth every cent for a ticket, and I can't wait to see it again.  Awesome movie.

• Like 2

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I loved Gravity.  I  had the option of watching it in IMAX and 3 D, or regular.  I chose regular because I get motion sickness just thinking about  visual effects. NO way I'd survive 3d  anything at the movies! :330:

I think I'll keep my eye out for this one.  I like hearing aboutthem.  I'd never have considered watching the Martian until you reviewed it in reference to Gravity, which I loved too. If this one is better?  It's  a must see!

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

I loved Gravity.  I  had the option of watching it in IMAX and 3 D, or regular.  I chose regular because I get motion sickness just thinking about  visual effects. NO way I'd survive 3d  anything at the movies! :330:

I think I'll keep my eye out for this one.  I like hearing aboutthem.  I'd never have considered watching the Martian until you reviewed it in reference to Gravity, which I loved too. If this one is better?  It's  a must see!

It's better in its own way, but both movies are awesome, and believable, in their own way.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Really loved this movie , and Matt is great [and easy on the eyes ].  There are references to ' Apollo 13 ' which are perfect .  It came across [ to me ] as more a real story as appose to the usual Hollywood ' what if ' film.  The audience laughed , cheered , and was silent where it fit.  I want to see it again in the theater before its cut down to DVD size .  

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Amen to Matt being easy on the eyes.  I have also read that he used a body double and that some, probably women, claim they saw his penis.  Get a life people.

It's amazing how many people believe this movie is based on a true story.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

just like in  ' Terminator ' if you look fast its there ! :woot: 

1511792_592721737470182_653972797_n.jpg

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Really hoping I get to this before it leaves the cinema. Fassbender's Macbeth too.

I laughed when I read the thought that the US has now spent a lot of money on retrieving Matt Damon over the years (Saving Private Ryan, Interstellar) lol.

Seven and One [3.19]

:"Frank Black" (voiceover): I've been given the gift of insight, of seeing in the dark and seeing into the darkness of men's hearts and minds. I know what evil is. I've seen it, felt it, tasted it, inhaled the demon breath of its ancient powers. The same powers that have been prophesied through history and which are now marshalling. Who is witness to this? Have we stopped listening to the prophets, the seers and the sayers? I have misjudged my gift. If I see in the darkness it's because there is light. And it is the light which guides me now. The light that will not go out, that will lead us out of the dark night, if we let ourselves feel this, too. It will protect me, as it protects those around me. Even as the ancient forces try to steal our breaths. Seven years of trials and tribulations. Seven plus one, the prophets tell us. Is this the end? The last year of this peace? Or the beginning?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines