Lance Henriksen stars in "Garm Wars: The Last Druid (2014)"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2504640/

In a world where clone soldiers from three military tribes are locked in a perpetual battle of air, land and technology, one clone is separated from the battle and finds herself on the run with a group of unlikely companions.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look very good, but it certainly has an interesting look... for a direct to video movie. If I could flex my nerd muscle a bit... I recognize the directors name, Mamoru Oshii, he directed some of the great anime movies like Ghost in the Shell (give it a try Millennium fans... you might like it, kind of a Blade Runner style crime story) and Patlabor. I didn't know he did live action movies too.

Edited by Mabius

It...

Has...

Begun...

Nothing is forsaken...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2504640/

In a world where clone soldiers from three military tribes are locked in a perpetual battle of air, land and technology, one clone is separated from the battle and finds herself on the run with a group of unlikely companions.

BEER----> 'TOPLESS ROBOT' - that will bring in big sales.

BELCH

• Elders (Admins)

I like the look of this. Which is odd, as I mostly, these days, don't like movies. But I did like one Japanese movie I saw a while ago, the name of which I can't remember, so perhaps I should explore Japanese movies. I like this bit on the imdb page:

The director is interested in celtic /Irish culture. There are images of dolmen graves. Some of the soundtrack is in Gaelic language but sung by Mongolian singers in Mongolian style for extra impact.

I've just checked on amazon.co.uk and it'll be released on DVD here on 18 January next year. I've add it to my wish list.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Mr. Belch, I didn't see any topless robot, but I might have missed it if it had been in alien form.

Most of the reviews say that it's worth watching, that it was surprisingly good.  I watched it last night and found it both entertaining and a little confusing, because of all the tribe names,plus personal & technical names to keep track of.  As usual, Lance did a great job acting.

Found it posted on YouTube.  A little of the beginning is cut, but it's basically just landscape, so you wouldn't be missing much.  I have not watched it on YouTube, just notice this when it started to play.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Earthnut: Beer's "Topless Robot" reference is at the very bottom of the DVD cover that you posted. I have no idea what that means.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

BEER-----> hehe!

BELCH

EARTH-----> Hehe! back to ya Mr. Belch...it's a section on a website, and Luke Thompson is one of the authors ~ The Robot's Voice ~

http://www.therobotsvoice.com/?s=the+topless+robot

NUT

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I like the look of this. Which is odd, as I mostly, these days, don't like movies. But I did like one Japanese movie I saw a while ago, the name of which I can't remember, so perhaps I should explore Japanese movies. I like this bit on the imdb page:

I've just checked on amazon.co.uk and it'll be released on DVD here on 18 January next year. I've add it to my wish list.

There's lots of treasures to be found when getting into international cinema... its a whole new world. Especially if you like horror movies... Japan and Italy make some of the most unique ones I've ever seen.

It...

Has...

Begun...

Nothing is forsaken...