Whether the Weather

We had rain in Oklahoma, and since then it's been cold outside, and a very welcomed change.

Mabius, where in California do you live?  I was raised in Encino, in the San Fernando Valley (L A area), a very long time ago...LOL

About 7-8 hours north of L.A. area... I have family in the L.A. area (lots of nice places) though, not Los Angeles itself (I can't stand that city, so many rude people!) The effects of the drought can be best seen on the drive between my location and L.A... its like a post apocalyptic wasteland.

Edited by Mabius

It...

Has...

Begun...

Nothing is forsaken...

About 7-8 hours north of L.A. area... I have family in the L.A. area (lots of nice places) though, not Los Angeles itself (I can't stand that city, so many rude people!) The effects of the drought can be best seen on the drive between my location and L.A... its like a post apocalyptic wasteland.

It's sad too because North of L A is the Angeles National Forest and Los Padres National Forest.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

BEER--- > The rude ones in Los Angeles are mostly not from LA. I'm a native Californian, born in Los Angeles. A little over grown, still great.

BELCH 

BEER--- > The rude ones in Los Angeles are mostly not from LA. I'm a native Californian, born in Los Angeles. A little over grown, still great.

BELCH 

So true Mr. Belch.  It has been a very long time since I lived there, left in the early 70s, but I found out that there are nice people, and rude people, everywhere.  Oklahoma is known for its hospitality, but we have our share of rudees here too.  Was born in Chicago, but we moved to CA when I was very young.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Yes, rude people are found everywhere - even in England - even in Canada!

The last couple of mornings, over the weekend, I've woken up to fog. Lots of flights have been cancelled, especially at the London airports. Most major airports have ILS (Instrument Landing Systems) that means aircraft can land safely even in dense fog, but I think that most airports don't have systems to guide aircraft taking off if the fog is low-lying and dense such that the pilots can't see the runway lights, or the taxi-way lights once they've landed. So airports quickly end up being a parking lot for aircraft that ain't going anywhere.

The fog dissipated by mid-morning, which was helpful as many people were returning home yesterday after the half-term holiday last week.

But today I noticed a strange phenomenon. We recently had the door into the garage replaced. The structure is an extension to the house and is two-storey - standard garage with bedrooms above, with lots of (flame-retardant) insulation in between. The old garage door was wood, the new one is uPVC with a double-glazed window with obscured glass (so miscreants couldn't actually see that the garage is full of junk). This morning, it looked as though the double-glazing had blown, as it looked way more obscure than previously ... but strangely so. So, I did the obvious scientific investigation and used my finger. :fool:

Condensation! But on the outside, so the air outside was warmer and more moist than in the garage.

Sadly, my house is not best placed for a weather station. But it seems I have an inadvertent Fog Indicator thanks to the new garage door. (Of course, I can see if there's fog just by looking out my windows, but that's not special. :biggrin:)

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Admins)

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Most unusual storm clouds do look like they are photo-shopped, but they are real.  Here's some documented images from Oklahoma storms.

Looks like a spaceship hidden in the clouds ~

okla-storm.jpg

Not sure what to say about these except ~ :w00t2:

super-cell-1024x506.jpg

funnel.jpg

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

"On a Clear day (You Can See Forever) ~

sunny-day-landscape.jpg

wallpaper-of-ocean-waves-2.jpg

On a Clear Day (You Can See Forever) ~ Barbra Streisand

On a clear day
Rise and look around you
And you'll see who you are
On a clear day
How it will astound you
That the glow of your being
Outshines every star
You'll feel part of every mountain sea and shore
You can hear
From far and near
A word you've never, never heard before...
And on a clear day...On a clear day...
You can see forever...
And ever...
And ever...
And ever more. . .

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines