Are Women Not Allowed to be an "Old Man" in the Group?

Rate this topic

Earthnut

23 hours ago, Frank Black Jr said:

I appreciate the info Earthnut :-) but...mmmm...for me, the reaction was too small. Imagine your reaction if someone who is supposed to have a gift, someone who claim to see as you well said :) Mary Magdalene. And tells you something about you that almost no one knows...I will freak out! hahaha.

Some people would freak out, others would be in a state of shock and unable to move, and since Catherine is such a quiet and internal person, I put her in the last category.  Me, I'd probably ask him/her if they could share the gift with me.

• Like 1

Very good discussion here... I like the theory of Watts' wife being in the Millennium group,, sounds like something that could have been explored and made for an interesting episode. We only get to see brief glimpses of Peter's family, but there had to be something darker going on under the happy family surface that we saw on the show. The MG had their claws into Peter, who knows if they involved his family in any way. And there is always the question of what happened to his wife and family during or after Peter was killed in his own home. Were they killed too? I would have to think that if the family was in the house at the time, they would be murdered too, to remove any witnesses. Or maybe spirited away by the MG before the fact and put into some kind of "witness protection" type program... "We will spare your lives, but if you blabb about Peter, you and the kids are next!"

who knows but it is very compelling to think about.

On 12/1/2015, 2:21:18, Mabius said:

Very good discussion here... I like the theory of Watts' wife being in the Millennium group,, sounds like something that could have been explored and made for an interesting episode. We only get to see brief glimpses of Peter's family, but there had to be something darker going on under the happy family surface that we saw on the show. The MG had their claws into Peter, who knows if they involved his family in any way. And there is always the question of what happened to his wife and family during or after Peter was killed in his own home. Were they killed too? I would have to think that if the family was in the house at the time, they would be murdered too, to remove any witnesses. Or maybe spirited away by the MG before the fact and put into some kind of "witness protection" type program... "We will spare your lives, but if you blabb about Peter, you and the kids are next!"

who knows but it is very compelling to think about.

Yes, very compelling.  I have no doubts that at least Peter's wife knew something, and trusting that they all made it out safely, and the dead man at Peter's desk is not Peter.  Naturally, I would love to think the group helped Peter and his family to be safe and happy somewhere.  If it was the group that wanted him dead, Peter was smart enough, and had good intuition to foresee it and to plan for his family's safety, and of course his own.  He was just too on top of things to be caught with his back turned.

He knew ahead of time.  He told Frank it was coming, the day was coming.  And it did.  So I think, he had an escape plan.  The only doubt I have that he survived is because he wasn't in that X-files crossover. No final showdown  between Watts and Frank, and the zombies.  Ugh.  Didn't like that episode, but adored the end bit.

35 minutes ago, seesthru said:

He knew ahead of time.  He told Frank it was coming, the day was coming.  And it did.  So I think, he had an escape plan.  The only doubt I have that he survived is because he wasn't in that X-files crossover. No final showdown  between Watts and Frank, and the zombies.  Ugh.  Didn't like that episode, but adored the end bit.

haha, agree but I will always be thankful for trying to give the fans some kind of closure towards Frank and Jordan. I don´t think they have time to include Peter and also, it would be too complicated to the X-files fans to explain who he was. I think he is alive because he knew, like you said Seesthu and also because Tv always shows from every possible angle when they kill a very important character.

They meant another season, or that the series might come back.  Thus the question about who the dead guy was.  But, did the X-files fans know who Jordan and Frank were? If they knew Frank, they knew Peter. But seriously, I can't imagine Peter Watts would take part in  the zombie thing, nor would he want to be a zombie. He loved his life and his family too much, and he had to live long enough to figure out who  the little boy in the cooler was. He and those on "his side"  in the group  would probably have laid low, then when the zombie plot failed,  they would have  taken power back.   Even though he was a rooster, I doubt that he would have  been part of that.  Anyway, the roosters definitely were the faction that did the zombie thing, trying to force the end or apocalypse.