• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree, since one or more scenes made it to the cutting room floor, it was left open for Peter to be alive if ever the show was continued.  I just have always said he was too smart and ahead of any g

http://www.millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3620 (taken from a podcast from Lance´s facebook. Full podcast is there. Very interesting and fun

According to Lance yes, he is dead :-(

Posted Images

It's open ended though.    If they ever want to rekindle the series,  there is wiggle room for the Watts character.  I doubt they will  rekindle it though.   it's 16 years past the Millennium, so even the title would seem strange, though it was more about the group and not the event.

• Like 1

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

actually it is about to be the 20th anniversary. The pilot was aired in 1996...time flies...

Though I agree with you seethru, gotta say that what Lance said took me by surprise, especially the detail of the gun that was used...that means that it was clearly written.

Too bad. I liked Peter Watts character.

• Like 1

Interesting.  I wonder if the .45 Lance mentioned was written into the script or something props picked out?  We didn't see the .45 in that part episode as far as I recall (been a while though!).  All we saw for a split second was the still and bloodied lower torso of what appeared to be a middle age man who you could infer was Peter as the body was in Peter's study (and his dining room had been ransacked and he had feared for his safety).  If they had wanted to be definitive about it, wouldn't one think they might want to get more mileage out of the scene?

Anyway, I always thought it was ambiguous...

• Elders (Admins)

Hi, Gotham Gal, welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

I also think it was ambiguous - it's 1013, that's what they do. ;)

I'd have to go back and watch the episode again, because of the clothing on the body. The shoes are black lace-ups and presumably the trousers are smart-formal. I can’t recall what Peter Watts was wearing when his home was invaded.

• Like 1

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Lance has said things about episodes etc that weren't in the episodes. I imagine that  scenes that were shot,  that he remembers, didn't make the final  edit.  I get the impression that Lance Henriksen must have done a scene in which Frank Shoots Watts. He seems clear about how Watts died. If so,  that scene was left on the cutting room floor. Maybe it was left on the cutting room floor on purpose, just in case there would be a continuation of the series at some point, or maybe a spinoff. 

• Like 1

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

I agree, since one or more scenes made it to the cutting room floor, it was left open for Peter to be alive if ever the show was continued.  I just have always said he was too smart and ahead of any game to get caught off guard, and especially in his own home.

• Like 2

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)