Did Peter Watts really die?

Rate this topic

He Warned  Frank, so that tells me that  he  was ahead of the game enough to settle his wife and kids in a safe place, then put the files in Franks  vehicle.   Perhaps the dead guy is someone sneaking onto the office to get the files,  Watts Shot them, grabbed the files, took them to Frank, and  left.

The only think that leads anyone to really believe Watts is gone, is that he wasn't in the X-files crossover episode.

• Like 1

First I thought who knows...maybe he decided to stay home knowing what was going to happen to him in order to protect his family -sacrifice himself for them...but the room was kind of a mess. The clothing doesn't count because it passed time from the last time we saw Peter talking in the woods with Frank.

poster promo.jpg

9 hours ago, seesthru said:

He Warned  Frank, so that tells me that  he  was ahead of the game enough to settle his wife and kids in a safe place, then put the files in Franks  vehicle.   Perhaps the dead guy is someone sneaking onto the office to get the files,  Watts Shot them, grabbed the files, took them to Frank, and  left.

The only think that leads anyone to really believe Watts is gone, is that he wasn't in the X-files crossover episode.

Absolutely!  That crossover episode I never really considered part of Millennium, though I suppose it was technically.  But as you mention it, you'd think it might've come up in conversation somewhere in the episode.

that episode was something for the fans...to see Frank and Jordan together and alive. That was kind of the idea. Let´s keep our finger cross for maybe a clue of Frank in the new X-Files episodes...maybe the last one...who knows...
btw: this is the nerdiest pic I've ever posted hahaha. It´s from Frank Pc, when Catherine was looking for something for Frank and Peter came out and turned the connection off (Luminary episode)

frank pc mill icono.jpg

Not holding my breath on that one, but look forward to the new X Files miniseries in its own right.  

Yes, that crossover probably threw X-philes who didn't watch Millennium for a loop.  I guess CC et al. thought the show didn't get a proper burial so to speak and did that.  I would've like the show to continue, but as it was, I thought the S-3 finale was a far more satisfying, if ambiguous, ending than the crossover was.  JMHO, though.

Cool pic.  Is it an enlarged screenshot from the Blu-Ray or something?

• Elders (Moderators)

I don't want it to seem as though I'm focused on Peter Watts' clothing (though Terry O'Quinn is always worth looking at :icon_redface:) - more that what the timeline was and the difference between his "business" attire and his "home" attire. My husband wore a suit and tie to work, but would always change into something more informal immediately he got home. I'd have to watch the episode again, as well as that other one when the Watts were hosting a gathering at their home (must be a season 2 episode as Lara was there). Sometimes, those extraneous details can give a clue, especially as the writers/producers would have had to specify to the wardrobe people in advance as to what clothing should be provided.

I've mentioned in the past, but will do again for newer members. There's an excellent website with lots of screengrabs - www.chrisnu.com - including MM episodes. Well worth a visit.

Nice site, yes.  Especially back then, people tended to wear suits more, and I'm trying to think back as to what Peter wore generally.  Something to keep my eyes open for next rewatch!  Thanks for the suggestion!  I like Terry myself :)

12 hours ago, Frank Black Jr said:

I don´t think there is actually a Blu Ray version of Millennium. The pic is a capture from the regular dvds :)

I just have the old original boxed DVD sets myself.  I recall paying $89.99 apiece for them too!  Yikes. But they've held up well over the years.