My final 1013 project

Rate this topic

Libby

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks Libby! I'll get them uploaded here for posterity. The link worked fine btw.

I did a search earlier today for scripts and there were a lot of posts, discussion and info surrounding many of the results. I've added tags to them so they'll be easier to find, pop up in the similar content widgets etc. Brought back a lot of TIWWA memories, both good and sad (Erin & Joe).

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

Libby,

How on earth did you scan all those transcript pages? Did you have a high scanner with auto sheet feeder or something? Any tips?

I've never scanned my COFB scripts due to the time it would take, but it just dawned on me that the HP color laser/scanner printer magizmo I bought when I got made redundant in 2017 might be able to speed up the process. It's a big heavy beast gathering dust next to my PC in the attic, so I'll check it out.

• Elders (Moderators)

You're welcome, Spedis Owl. It's nice to know there are still people interested.

Graham, I’ve got a standard scanner/printer. However, I’ve got some text-recognition software that I use, but it also does scan-to-pdf. I just set it up and hit enter every time I change the page/sheet. Of course, I also set up a pot of tea, lots of cake, and something interesting on the TV... 😊

• Like 1
  • HaHa! 1

• Elders (Admins)

Excellent tips, Libby! :coffee:

I've now uploaded all of the scripts into the Downloads section, I'm sure they will be of interest and a useful reference.

Hopefully other script owners will be willing and able to share in the future.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Attached is the aforementioned “Gehenna” script and a few more from The X-Files which can be added to the downloads section...

The X-Files - 2x05 - Duane Barry.pdf The X-Files - 3x03 - D.P.O. (GOLDENROD).pdf The X-Files - 3x04 - Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose.pdf The X-Files - 3x10 - 731.pdf

Millennium - 4C01 - Gehenna.pdf

Edited by Spedis Owl

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 12/14/2021 at 12:57 PM, The Old Man said:

Libby,

How on earth did you scan all those transcript pages? Did you have a high scanner with auto sheet feeder or something? Any tips?

I've never scanned my COFB scripts due to the time it would take, but it just dawned on me that the HP color laser/scanner printer magizmo I bought when I got made redundant in 2017 might be able to speed up the process. It's a big heavy beast gathering dust next to my PC in the attic, so I'll check it out.

Genius Scan app (zero dollars) is how I did Teso Dos Bichos and how folks have sent me Supernatural stuff for that collection when they don't own a scanner but are willing to share.

You take photos of each page, open Genius Scan, select the photos and then you can edit them (crop the background out, throw a black + white filter on it, select page size as letter).

If its a beast (larger than 25 MB) there are ways to make it smaller like export the file then import it again and you'll shrink the file size without losing image quality like you would if you select "medium" instead of "actual."

It takes maybe 15 min to make the pdf (30 min if you have garbage carpal tunnel'ed hands like mine).

Edited by Eve Nescio