Chris Carter thinking about bringing Millennium back

Rate this topic

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/74308

“I have ideas how [“Millennium”] might come back but, it’s really, once again, it’s a Fox show,” “X-Files” creator Chris Carter told members of the press on a  conference call promoting Fox’s new “X-Files” miniseries. "They own it. It’s really up to them whether or not they would ever want to go down that road.”

With the X-Files new series doing so well with the ratings maybe this can finally happen?

• Like 1

Welcome to the group :ouroborous:  Lutheran122.

I was raised Lutheran.

The only problem I can see with Fox not bringing back MLM is the original series was set with the group preparing for the year 2000.  I think they would have to be convinced of a new threat to consider it.  Here's hoping.

Suddenly thanks to The X Files the momentum is all there! Fantastic stuff. https://www.mstarz.com/articles/103705/20160129/fox-millennium-season-4-revival-lance-henriksen-frank-black-mulder-scully.htm

Out of all of Chris Carters shows Millennium is really the only other one feasible for a revival, even from the cold "business" standpoint. It'd be amazing to actually get a short season after all this time. Everything is aligned for it with so many things begin revisited thanks to Netflix and co shaking things up.

9 hours ago, SmokeyPSD said:

Suddenly thanks to The X Files the momentum is all there! Fantastic stuff. https://www.mstarz.com/articles/103705/20160129/fox-millennium-season-4-revival-lance-henriksen-frank-black-mulder-scully.htm

Out of all of Chris Carters shows Millennium is really the only other one feasible for a revival, even from the cold "business" standpoint. It'd be amazing to actually get a short season after all this time. Everything is aligned for it with so many things begin revisited thanks to Netflix and co shaking things up.

Totally agree, "Everything is aligned for it..."

• Like 1

it´s a good start but Way too far yet...Until a deal is made...no party hahaha. Anyway, Mr. Carter has said that he would be more focus on Frank Black character and not so much on the MG. More like the first season, which was clearly his view of what the show should be.

If  this happens, if they give us 6 episodes like the X-files,  how would you imagine it will be? (in my opinion, even darker than the original).
One of the things that I would like to know is what would be this time Frank´s yellow house...I guess Jordan is the answer. Or maybe, he could have a new wife.

Thoughts??

ps: Let´s keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best :)

family.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frank Black Jr said:

it´s a good start but Way too far yet...Until a deal is made...no party hahaha. Anyway, Mr. Carter has said that he would be more focus on Frank Black character and not so much on the MG. More like the first season, which was clearly his view of what the show should be.

If  this happens, if they give us 6 episodes like the X-files,  how would you imagine it will be? (in my opinion, even darker than the original).
One of the things that I would like to know is what would be this time Frank´s yellow house...I guess Jordan is the answer. Or maybe, he could have a new wife.

Thoughts??

ps: Let´s keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best :)

family.gif

Yeah definitely but Chris Carter has never actively talked about a return like this before which is a huge step I think. Millennium came out of Fox having faith in him due to the insane amount of success of the X Files and by all accounts the revival has bypassed all expectations so I can see them being receptive all over again.

For a season itself, I think Chris would return to the concept of season 1 and essence of Millennium a little. He seems to have managed really well with X Files for it to not skip a beat. Felt like a natural season 10 so far. Pretty amazing with the mess of lore that X Files became. Maybe he has ideas to do the same with Millennium.

Jordan is going to be an interesting element. Has she been trying to live her own life? Did not like the comic path of her in the Millennium group though.

Couldn't resist posting the awesome image from the link posted by SmokyPSD ~

millennium-5.jpg?w=600

Jr., I think it would be the best way to go by focusing on Frank Black and not the group.  They could bring the group in, but just like you said, the first season had more focus on him and less on the group.

I wonder how long CC didn't talk about his ideas for The X-Files before he announced a new season was on the way.  Surely MLM is somewhere in the back of Chris' mind, complete with ideas.  "Here's hoping."

• Like 2

yes to all! hahaha. Let's hope the X-files keeps getting stronger...maybe we could have a break after all this years and have Frank back. I think Fox own us a few episodes. The good thing maybe due to the long period of the show gone is that if Mr. Carter decides to ignore some points that he didn't like about the show, it would be "fine" with the audience ´cause most people have forgotten things. Not the same if he would have tried to avoid some issues right after the 3 season. That could help  for Mr. Carter to decide to come back.

Mulder Watts.jpg

• Like 1

Nostalgia is in vogue.  Maybe Millennium will be a beneficiary of this trend.  

They kind of can't just blow off the millennium aspects, I don't think.  The new era can be pretty easily glossed over, but it is 2016, so if the title "Millennium" is to mean anything, it is most probably in the form of the Group.  

Not that good crime stories which Frank solves using his gift would be a bad show, but it seems you'd almost have to change the title.  Maybe "Black" would be apt--with nice dark stories! 

SmokeyPSD & FrankBack, Jr.:  Gosh, I personally hope they don't give Frank a new wife if they bring the show back.  The new female lead in the show should be Jordan.  Given how much time has elapsed, the role wouldn't necessarily have to be played by Brittany Tiplady if she didn't want to return to the show, but think how wonderful it would be to see her as an adult.

• Like 1