Chris Carter thinking about bringing Millennium back

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, Gotham Gal said:

Some of us are not at all certain Peter died:)

I'd like to think not...whatever else may have happened between Peter & Frank, he did put a target on his back by giving Frank his & Jordan's files.

• 11 months later...

Hi all, it seemed appropriate to add this link in this thread as there is news coming out from NYCC about the next X- Files series. The full interview is here: https://deadline.com/2017/10/the-x-files-revival-chris-carter-david-duchovny-gillian-anderson-lone-gunmen-new-york-comic-con-1202184258/#respond

but the relevant MM part at the end is copied here:

DEADLINE: In such times, are there other shows you’d like to resurrect?

CARTER: I think Millennium would be a show that would have more life in it but no one’s ever spoken seriously to me about that.

DEADLINE: Odd..

CARTER: Yeah, I always feel that there are more of those stories to tell as well. After three seasons, we pulled the plug on that show but the ratings were still very good so I think that there is a new approach to that show building on the solid foundation that was already there.

END

The biggest problem I see, besides Lance's age, is, nowadays there are so many shows about FBI agents, profiling, special ops, etc.  MLM would have to be exceptional to be popular.  And, there are so many people that have never watched the series and know nothing about it, so it would be interesting to see how they introduce Frank.

Even if it's just a TV movie, we will joyfully take it.  :ouroborous:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gotham Gal said:

There are a sh--ton of procedurals.  What I liked most about MM was the mythology.  Same with the X-Files.

I totally agree with you G G.  There's a 4 Vol. set of Mythology DVDs that I have been collecting.

1 ~ Abduction (15 episodes)

2 ~ Black Oil (15 episodes)

3 ~ Colonization (16 episodes)

4 ~ Super Soldiers (14 episodes)

What would also be a good idea is to have all the individual episodes in a DVD set, that are not related to one particular subject matter.  Of course that does cover a lot of seasons and episodes.  Was just thinking out loud.   :19:

Edited by Earthnut

• Elders (Moderators)

Well, Chris Carter thinks about bringing back MillenniuM for years now, but nothing really happens. I guess nobody at FOX is interested in doing a revival of that show. It's so sad that the show is almost forgotten now outside the fan base. The DVD box sets are out of print now for many years and a blu-ray version is long overdue, but nothing is happening. Not even for the show's 20th anniversary last year, so it seems that really no one cares about the show at FOX anymore.