Chris Carter thinking about bringing Millennium back

Rate this topic

I don't think Frank would have re-married. In all 3 seasons of the show it was never mentioned that he had an ex-wife, so I believe Catherine was his one & only...as to Jordan, we know that she has Frank's "gift" to a certain degree, so  him finding her again ( assume an adult Jordan might have blamed him for Catherine's death, and cut him out of her life...) and making peace with her, and mentoring her with her ability. Are we positive that Peter Watts is dead? Because if not, I'd love to see him return as well.

• Like 1

It appears that Peter Jackson borrowed from Ken Gire's book, "The North Face of God."  I did a search and Ken is the only one given credit for it.

The enemy has never been more relentless, never more cunning, never more ruthless.  A daunting decision stands between us and that enemy.

We can sheathe our swords in retreat.  We can lay down our swords in surrender.  We can fall on our swords in despair.  Or we can, with the brave who have gone before us, draw our swords and ride with full fury into the enemy’s ranks.

A day may come when your courage and mine will fail.  A day may come when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship.  But it will not be THIS day.
THIS day we fight.

While using a detailed description of climbing Mt. Everest, "The North Face of God addresses those times of adversity when God seems to have abandoned us. Sometimes, when the cold winds of life blow and we cry out to God, he's silent, and we wonder if he still cares about us—or ever cared. Drawing on the Psalms, Ken Gire climbs the mountainous terrain of God's seeming indifference and helps us learn how to hold on to hope, despite our circumstances. He also calls us to become good “climbing partners” for other people who need help and encouragement along the way."

This book is one of my all-time favorites by Ken, along with ~

"Moments with the Savior," ( Ken Gire delicately weaves events, emotions, thoughts, and faces into a moving depiction of the life of Christ that takes you on a step-by-step journey with the Lord. Woven with threads of humanity and divinity, Moments with the Savior reveals the Lord who calls you to a more intimate relationship with him.)

It's interesting in MLM how they touched on God and faith, and not just from a supernatural point of view, from Anamnesis to going to church on Christmas Eve.  I love the fact that the writers never once preached religion or doctrine, but kept everything spiritual, which is the true reality.  "God is a spirit."  Our Divine, Great, Universal Holy Spirit.  So when we pray, we aren't praying to a God sitting on a physical throne on a cloud, but praying to the universal God on a spiritual throne.  Can I get an Amen?

Off hand, I don't believe anyone can think of a TV series about criminal profiling before MLM, but there's been a ton of them since.  The one reason I think MLM might work if brought back is because of Frank's special ability, which we all believe Jordan also has.  And, keeping the show on a spiritual plane will make it even more appealing, especially bringing back Lucy Butler.  Look at how long Supernatural has been on the air.  It's about to start it's 12th season.  I truly believe the general public likes odd shows.  Mr. Robot is another one that is a success.  I for one am tired of all the cop, FBI, bad guy/girl shoot-um ups in every episode, and I have no interest in hospital dramas.

Even though The X-files somewhat bombed, MLM could actually make it.  The X-Files was on the air for 9 years I believe, with this previous miniseries being season 10, and it got bad reviews.  MLM was only one for 3 seasons, and it's prime to be brought back, but as usual, it's up to Chris Carter, and I can only assume FOX, unless someone else has an interest in airing it, like Netflix.  So, we're probably in the stage where we're preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best.  Please bring Frank Black back.  :Frank_Black:

• Like 2

Bad reviews aside they're scrambling to do more X Files at least and it was one the few recent successes Fox has had in awhile, they might be open to doing more work with Chris on other projects as i think i heard him say it's really upto Fox.  so it's not too dire like that at least for me.

Unless something has a overwhelmingly positive response for the most part things get a really skewed negative reactions right now. 

Kind of disagree here hahaha :P    I can understand using Jordan as a link to Frank but like I´ve said before, I didn´t like the idea of a "gift".

And Lucy´s character was very interesting in her first appearence. For me, that is all. Then, it became cartoonish. If you give the devil a face and "I am evil...blablala" for me it becomes boring and silly. In "Lamentation" you knew that this woman was something else...but that was it. Of course, Redmond was awesome in all her episodes and it would be a pleasure to see her. In fact, if the devil has those eyes...mmm...I´m definitely in trouble XD

Maybe that is the reason why I didn´t like one bit the first comic of Millennium. (spoilert alert). It was based on Jordan´s gift and Lucy hunting Frank. Too supernatural for my taste. It fits perfectlu with those boring shows that are taking over the TV. I like the supernatural when it is around, like MG history. But beneath that, it was the lust for power and control. And that will be always there as long as a human lives.

• Like 1

Spiritual gifts, I prefer to call it, "Franks's ability," have to be understood, and Frank never really did understand his.  He tried in Walkabout, but went the wrong direction for guidance.  It's something that you will not find answers for in any kind of a clinical study.  Spiritual gifts/abilities require spiritual guidance.  Lucy on the other hand, is evil in the flesh, and it's just like Mulder said ~

Did you really think you could call up the Devil and ask him to behave? Even the devil can quote scripture to meet his needs. (X-Files)

"Devil" in Hebrew is always plural; it become singular in the New Testament, the accuser.  Teaches you to live by senses, not the spirit, a traducer, false accuser, slanderer, supernatural spirit of bad nature.  It is a malignant demon that can become live in your flesh, grow like a cancer (swells, wastes, devastates, destroys).  It is total death.

On another note, Satan is not used in the new testament, only "devil."  In Hebrew Satan means, an opponent, arch-enemy of good, adversary, to attach, accuse, Lord of Fire, the South, accuser, slander, supernatural spirit of a bad nature.  Torments the mind.

Then there's Lucifer, who brings false light, enlightenment, the air, the East.  In Hebrew, the morning start, from the root word to be clear in the sense of brightness, to shine, hence to make a show, to boast, to glory and thus to be foolish, to rave, be mad.  Area of workings of powers is emotional torment and control.

Satan, Lucifer, Belial (body and fleshly appetite control) and Leviathan (religious system control) are the Four Crown Princes of Hell.

Hell/Hades is not a physical place, it's unseen torment, unseen fire, unseen world of tormented spirits.  There are two words for Hell used, one being Shehole, Hades, in the Hebrew, the unseen world of departed spirits, the abode of the dead in Greek mythology, often not capitalized, and the other Geenna or Gehenna (gheh’-eh-nah), of Hebrew, from the Valley of Hinnom as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment.  The Valley of Hinnon is where they burned the bodies of criminals and men who had offended society of that day. 

A dearly loved friend of mine  for many years, Gerry Beauchemin, wrote a book that is being given world-wide titled, Hope Beyond Hell.  I recommend this book highly to fully understand God and religion's fabricated Hell.  I quote him saying,

The key to understanding the Scriptures, in my view, does not reside in trusting any particular translation, regardless of its trustworthiness. Neither is it our academic knowledge of the ancient languages. Nor is it the theological expositions or systematic theologies we have studied. The answer is found in our own hearts. The key is God’s revelation. Jesus, in a prayer to His father said:

“I thank you Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and prudent, and have revealed them to babes.” Matthew 11:25

Note that he is relating to God’s judgment in this context. The religious leaders and experts in the Scriptures (the wise and prudent) of Christ’s day were blinded to the true nature and purposes of God. They “crucified the Lord of glory!”

If our view (eye) about God’s character and nature are correct, then our whole being will be full of light as we read the Scriptures, for we will interpret them through the correct lens. We will have the key that unlocks the meaning of the Scriptures to our hearts and minds. I can say one thing with certainty: never in my entire Christian life have I experienced such a depth and consistency of peace and joy as I have in my present understanding of God.

So, having established that the key interpretive factor is the knowledge of God’s true character, it is also essential that we compare many translations to get a clearer view of what the Biblical writers actually said. This is especially critical since most popular translations were created by scholars holding an extremely negative and horrific concept of God – a God who tortures His creatures forever in hell. Believing in a false concept of God naturally results in gross interpretative errors. In light of this, here are a few translations that I especially appreciate and which I compare with many others I use. Remember, no translation is perfect!

If you would like an ebook, PM me and give me your email address.  It's too big to attach here.  I have both abridged and unabridged with a third revision copy of each.  Or you can request a copy from Gerry direct.

Gerry does not charge for the book, but he does ask for help with shipping,  which is only $2.00.  He believes in and lives the verse,  Freely you have received, freely give” (Mt. 10:8)

Website ~ https://www.hopebeyondhell.net/

Book Order ~ https://www.hopebeyondhell.net/order-books/

You can also download an e-copy there, and an audio book.

• 4 weeks later...