Great Commercials

Earthnut

With all the ads during the games, I though it would be nice to have a thread of ads.  Please post good ones.  We can start a new thread for the horribly bad ones.  I will start with one of my all time favorite advertisers, Budweiser, and this year's ad.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

WOW, loved the video.  Wonder why it didn't display since it's from YouTube.  I will give it a go.

Well, it wouldn't post no matter what I do/did.  At least we know it will be on YouTube.  Sure enjoyed watching it, thanks Walkabout.

Here's another favorite of mine, The Budweiser "Circus" ~

And another, Budweiser - "Rocky"

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Budweiser seem to have a great marketing team; most of their adverts are very good. The two you posted, Earthnut, are particularly lovely.

That compilation, Walkabout, is just so funny.

I've posted this one here before, but I still think it's one of the best - most especially from having been owned by cats in the past:

• Like 1

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

OMG, yes Libby, I remember this commercial.  So cute, and enjoyed seeing it again.

Probably the best one ever was only aired once, right after 911.  they only aired it once so they wouldn't financially benefit from it.   Thankfully it's available on YouTube.  Yes Walkabout, whatever did we do before YouTube?  We listened to the radio, played a CD, and before that a cassette.......

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

It's not a very clear video and, as a Brit, I'm not sure about the landmarks. I guess one was an important bridge, and I think it was the Statue of Liberty that the horses were honouring?

I have very clear memories of that day, one of which was going to my husband's office, where they had a TV, and watching it while sat next to a young man who had relocated from Belfast and knew about bombing.

The thing about animals is that they are honest about their feelings. Those horses might not have known who or what they were honouring, but they do know how to honour, and they probably picked up on the emotions of their trainers. Kudos to Budweiser.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Sorry Libby, at the time it was the best video I could find.  They were honoring the victims and families of 9-11 in New York, and really, world wide.  As I said it aired only once.

Amen, yes, animals know how to honor, and mankind needs to pay attention and learn.  I agree, high praises to Budweiser.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I had downloaded the video as well from YouTube as soon as it was posted, but found this awesome copy and downloading it ~

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines