Do You See What Frank Sees

Rate this topic

Ever since i have been working in the criminal justice system and dealing with juvenile offenders, some people tell me i have the gift of insight. Since what i do is therapy, the insight is very helpful. Sometimes when the client describes to me what has happened in their lives when it comes to tragedy or horrible experiences, i can see those images playing in my mind and almost feel their pain. I always felt that i have always been well tuned when it comes to feeling other peoples emotions. Being a christian i find this a blessing and not a curse. My question to you all: Anyone else out there experience anything similar to Franks ability.

As far as I'm concerned, once, I dreamt something that was awful: I had Frank's "power"; I could see the images of a murder or torture, and that was horrible... I can't really describe what I saw then... But when I awoke, I felt uneasy... I don(t know. But I think that the kind of images somebody like Frank probably sees.

Besides, I sometimes have some "flashes" which are a melt of signs, intuition, strong feelings and interpretation : there're in my head, my heart, or they are external signs which are repeated.

.........i think we all intuit and/or empathize to some degree, whether we realize it or not. For myself i claim no powers of insight or anything like that but i do, often enough that i wonder about it, experience Deja-Vu quite often in my life. And somtimes the experience is rather extraordinary when connections are able to be made from it.

...there's a few other little things but that seems to be the main one that sticks out in my mind.

~se7en :ouro:

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

I agree with se7en that it is an inherent ability... though deja-vu is another matter.

Sometimes traumatic events can trigger the elevation of this sense. I get it to some degree, and for some reason can point to a specific childhood event that I see as the reason it happens.

In some ways it manifests like the "intuition" the Bruce Willis character in Unbreakable had. I will, for no apparent reason, occassionally "see" something about a person (though no physical contact is necessary). I have creeped people out when asking them about events I shouldn't know, but like Mr. McBrayer it has helped me some... I'm more able to be sympathetic to people.

Occassionally I don't know what to do with it... such as suddenly "knowing" the person down the row from me at the theater was let in through an exit and didn't pay for a ticket, or seeing that the cashier at the grocery store was abused as a child.

WOW! Joe, if you only knew how weird it was that you posted this! I tried to start a similar thread last year, with very unsuccsessful results.

If anyone wants to hear it, I have a weird story about what I felt was having an ability similar to Frank's.....But it seems to have left me, much in the way it did him, after Bob's death.

If anyone wants more of the story, I'll be glad to tell it.

Thank you, for starting this, Joe!

Guest fledgling666

i call them nightmare thoughts. they aren't usually empathetic in nature, but are like the thousand splintering universes linking off this one that some people have theorized exist as the realms of the possibilities of every second of our lives. i watch as something that happens now, rapidly continues in my mind, usually to a negative outcome, usually enough to make me cringe, shake my head, some times violently. it's not the same as frank's but it's something..........

Truth Posted on Oct 27 2004, 05:52 AM

That's right! Everybody can feel what's around us. But they have to be broad-minded!

Agreed!

...................fledgling, I know what you mean. Sometimes it's like I can *see* what could happen, even if it doesn't. It can be something as simple as me falling down the flight of stairs at my home, but I'll see it. Every broken bone...Everything. And that's the mildest of things I can sometimes see. I always thought I was crazy....

BOOM! you hit it on the f***ing nose PII. that was what i meant by Deja-Vu. often, but certainly not always, when it occurs i am actually able to remember, sometimes rather clearly, when the event/thought/action-whatever took place or entered my consciousness in the past, sometimes as far back as childhood.

...could it just be a groping mind "making" or "forceing" connections? In some cases, yeah its possible, but in others i really don't think so. there's so much we have no clue about concerning out minds and the capabilities most of us are likely capable of to some degree. It's just not often discussed very often because people either feel foolish or embarrassed.

~se7en

....About seeing future outcomes, I have a few stories someone might find interesting.

One was about a guy I was dating a few years ago, who injured his knee. The doctors said he needed surgery, but when he told me that, I suddenly said... "No, you don't need surgery, and if you go through with it, you won't get any better, and we'll end up breaking up." He thought I was crazy, but I could *see* it. He went ahead with it, and was given a double dose of anesthisiza, and afterwards, his whole personality changed. He became depressed, violent, & suicidal. We broke up a few months later. He still has a lot of pain in that knee to this day. (& this is a young, strong, healty guy!)

...Another episode was when my best friend was murdered. I had no details told to me, other than she was stabbed by her estranged husband, but when I closed my eyes, I could see the fight, see what happened, and see her try to get away. I went to the crime scene, hoping that would make it stop, but it didn't. It just got worse, untill my whole "intuitive" ability pretty much shut down.