Combine the following and cook on low for 5-7 hours depending on
your crock pot.  Grease the inside of the cooker first or spray with
cooking spray to prevent sticking.

2 cups steel cut oats
1 cup of water
5 ripe bananas cut in slices
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 T. butter cut in  cubes
2 13.5 ounce cans of coconut milk (light or regular)
2 t. coconut extract
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg

1/2 t. salt
(you can also add chopped walnuts, pecans, raisins etc… if desired)
this recipe has been adapted from this source.

I like to top this yummy breakfast with some fresh sliced bananas
and a little milk.  We just made this yesterday, but the lids loved
it so much it looks like it’s on the menu again for the weekend!

Sounds yummy. I think I'll try a version of this some time.

Many of us here in the UK have problems with US recipes, because of the conversion factor. Over there you use volume (cups) whereas here we use weight (grams/ounces). It probably doesn't make much difference. I learned recently from another forum that it's possible to buy a set of measuring cups here in the UK, which I guess is what you use in the US. Prior to that, I couldn't grasp the concept of the "cup" because, well, coffee cup? tea cup? Clearly, we're not just two nations divided by a common language, our recipes don't equate either. :biggrin:

My grandson loves banana bread, so this could be a good one for him. But he's CMPI (cows-milk-protein-intolerant), so I'd have to substitute the butter and use the non-dairy alternative that I've got used to having, and using in recipes. I'm pretty sure I could find coconut milk somewhere, but my local shop sells almond milk which I could use instead, once I've figured out the conversion between ounces and litres.

But I have no idea what "steel cut oats" are. I suspect that's the same as rolled oats here.

Found this, hope it helps.

e2cb84b9d5fc28588d42887d0e40bb7f.jpg

That looks very useful indeed. I've saved it.

My daughter popped in today and I mentioned this recipe to her. She's very interested, so I'm going to try it out in the next few days. I've already bought the bananas but they'll need to ripen. Neither of us can figure out what the finished result is supposed to look like, but that doesn't matter too much as I'll be substituting dairy-free ingredients. Anyway, it'll taste good even if it doesn't end up as the "right" texture.

Sometimes, the best thing about trying out new recipes is the surprise factor, plus, of course, the opportunity to try it again!

Looks something like this ~

Crock-Pot-Banana-Nut-Oatmeal-The-Lemon-B

One of my favorites, and my son's girlfriend made it for me as a birthday gift ~

Millionaire Cake

1 box white cake mix

4 eggs

2/3 cup oil

1-3 ¾ oz box instant coconut pudding

1 can lemon-lime soda

1 tsp almond ext

Mix at high speed 2 min.

Bake 350 till done, approx 30 min

Topping ~

1 20 oz can crushed pineapple ~ drained

2 envelopes powdered whipped topping (Dream Whip)

1 box instant coconut pudding

2 cups milk

¼ cup chopped pecans

Combine Dream Whip, milk, pudding and beat till thick

Add drained pineapple, mix well

Add nuts and spread on cake

Keep refrigerated

The Banana Oatmeal thingy is simmering away in my crock pot! Not sure if it's going to look like the picture you posted, Darlene, but OMG what a wonderful aroma!

The Banana Oatmeal thingy is simmering away in my crock pot! Not sure if it's going to look like the picture you posted, Darlene, but OMG what a wonderful aroma!

22 hours later Libby, I'm betting you enjoyed it.

Posting another favorite, no meat, just cheese and veggies.

I loved the aroma and the taste, but something went wrong with the texture. Either I didn’t mix up the ingredients enough or I got the quantities wrong. I ended up with a very dense layer at the bottom of the crock pot that I practically had to chisel off!

However, I now have a set of measuring cups and a big wooden spoon, so hopefully next time it’ll work out better.

As an aside: I asked my husband to buy a set of measuring cups when he next went to the big supermarket, which he did! Surprising that was, as he never used to be good at finding things in the big supermarket if I'd asked him for something specific/unusual. However, when he presented me with his "kill", he then advised me on how best to use the measuring cups. Surprising that was, as he'd never set eyes on them before. :banana: