Sign in to follow this  
Earthnut

2 Ingredient Cookie Recipes

(Along with appearing delicious, they are somewhat healthy then most cookie recipes.  Banana and oats, you can't go wrong there, with no sugar except for the natural sweetness of the banana.  When my bananas begin to ripen and I know I won't be eating all of them, they last a long time in the frig, and even though they are black on the outside, they are perfect for baking on the inside.  The cake mix has sugar, but adding black beans puts a healthy twist on it.  Then there's the delicious and healthy peanut butter and egg cookie...yum...enjoy)

Banana & Oat Cookies

2 large, old bananas
1 cup of oats

Possible add-ins ~Handful of chocolate chips
Crushed walnut pieces
Cinnamon
Raisins

Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mash up the bananas, and mix the ingredients together. Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.

~       ~       ~

Chocolate Bean Cookies

1 box cake mix, flavor of your choosing
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

Preheat oven on 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare cookie sheet with a light coating of cooking spray. In a blender or food processor, add your rinsed and drained beans. Add up to ½ cup water and blend until beans are liquified. In a medium mixing bowl, add the box of dry cake mix. Pour bean liquid into cake mix, and mix until all ingredients are wet. Do not overmix. Cookies will be tough. Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.

~       ~       ~

Peanut Butter, 2 ingredient

1 cup peanut butter
1 egg

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease or line a baking tray. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Scoop 1 to 2 tablespoons of the dough at a time and roll into balls. Place the balls evenly spaced on the baking tray and flatten the tops with a fork. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until set and slightly golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack.

For some reason, a couple of days ago I had the urge to bake peanut butter cookies. Which I had never done before. I think I must have read this topic and the ideas got into my subconscious and had only just managed to make their way to the surface. :fool:

I used a recipe I found on the internet, but it included sugar. I didn’t use the whole amount, but they still tasted a bit too sweet. I’ll try your version next, Earthnut. And I’ll try the banana and oat cookie recipe.

My daughter is very keen on healthy snacks for my grandson, who is dairy-free, so those recipes are ideal.

Not sure about the chocolate bean cookies. I’ve never heard of black beans before, but apparently they’re available in most supermarkets here. But the only recipes I’ve been able to find are for savoury dishes, mostly from South America and the Caribbean. Are those what you mean?

I love your take on these, seesthru – “protein cookies”! Yay indeed!

Awesome Libby, hope you enjoy them.  I'd go bonkers without peanut butter in the house.

As I'm sure you know, beans are very good for you, and remember, chocolate comes from a bean.  A good old American bean dish is a beef roast or steak cut up, stew meat, or whatever your choice, onions, etc. (your choice), a little brown sugar, (or sweetener of your choice), and pinto beans, remembering to soak them overnight.  Cook until beef is tender and beans are cooked and soft.  Great and traditional with corn bread.

Beans are all over the world.  In Western times, that was mostly cowboy's diet out on the range or on a cattle drive, beans and bread, and of course beef.

Yes, love the "protein cookies" title.

Also, experiment and try the banana and oats recipe with peanut butter.  You may have to add a tab more oats, not sure.