Always In Our Hearts ~ Erin McRaven (Raven Wolf)

After my son passed in July of 2008, I was sent the following poem from a friend, and is so ministered to me.  Hope it helps everyone else who reads it.  The loss of Erin for us is devastating, but I have no doubts that Erin is at peace in the divine love realm that we will join her in some day.  I for one don't fear death, but I just don't want another one of my children to go before me.  It's too painful for a parent.

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep

Written by Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow;

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain;

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

Do not stand at my grave and mourn.

I am the dew-flecked grass at dawn.

Where tranquil oceans meet the land

I am the footprints in the sand

To guide you through the weary day.

I am still here; I'll always stay.

When wake up to morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there; I did not die.

• Like 1

the autopsy results are in and as I feared she passed from a pulmonary embolism which is a fancy name for a blood clot to the lungs .  it stemmed from a broken leg / dislocated knee injury suffered earlier this summer.  a friend of mine lost her brother to this in one day at only 47 yrs old and I almost her to the same thing just recently .  it is a deadly condition that often can not be reversed in time .  poor Terry is blaming himself thinking he did not act soon enough but the truth is , even if she was in the hospital , if it was a large clot or hit a vital blood vessel there is little any one can do .  :24::22:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Walkabout said:

the autopsy results are in and as I feared she passed from a pulmonary embolism which is a fancy name for a blood clot to the lungs .  it stemmed from a broken leg / dislocated knee injury suffered earlier this summer.  a friend of mine lost her brother to this in one day at only 47 yrs old and I almost her to the same thing just recently .  it is a deadly condition that often can not be reversed in time .  poor Terry is blaming himself thinking he did not act soon enough but the truth is , even if she was in the hospital , if it was a large clot or hit a vital blood vessel there is little any one can do .  :24::22:

:404:

• Elders (Moderators)

There isn't much anyone can do to prevent a pulmonary embolism except to prescribe life-long blood thinners, which is risky in itself and won't be appropriate for the vast majority of people. It is just one of those things that no-one - certainly not Terry - could do anything about. The "guilt" aspect of bereavement is probably the worst to have to deal with.