ALIEN 5: LANCE HENRIKSEN SAYS THE SEQUEL WILL BE 'SPECTACULAR'

Rate this topic

Earthnut

ALIEN 5: LANCE HENRIKSEN SAYS THE SEQUEL WILL BE 'SPECTACULAR'

BY JESSE SCHEDEEN Alien fans shouldn't lose hope in the prospect of a fifth entry in the venerable sci-fi franchise. Aliens star Lance Henriksenis confident that director Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 will still happen, and that the sequel will be "something spectacular."

That's what Henriksen told us when we broached the subject during an interview about his guest role in DC's Legends of Tomorrow. Henriksen played the heroic android Bishop in 1986's Aliens, and he seemed excited at the prospect of reprising the role, despite the fact that Bishop wasn't exactly in the best of shape by the end of Aliens. "You know they're going to make another one. It picks up right where Aliens ended. I don't know if I'm going to be in a baggie or how I'm going to be in it."

Henriksen continued, "Blomkamp is a really wonderful, wonderful writer. I have a feeling that if he did it, it would be something spectacular. And there's an audience for it."

Blomkamp was slated to write and direct Alien 5, which reportedly will ignore the events of 1992's Alien 3 and 1997's Alien: Resurrection and bring characters like Henriksen's Bishop, Michael Biehn's Corporal Hicks and Carrie Henn's Newt back into play alongside Sigourney Weaver's Ellen Ripley. Weaver, Henriksen and Biehn were all expected to reprise their roles. Unfortunately, the project stalled as 20th Century Fox chose to focus on Ridley Scott's Prometheus follow-up, Alien: Covenant. Blomkamp confirmed in October 2015 that Alien 5 has been put on indefinite hold and that he's moved on to other projects for now.

Henriksen also talked about the enduring appeal of Aliens as fans currently celebrate the film's 30th anniversary. "The proof in the pudding is that Aliens is still viable. It's not an 'old' movie. It works. It still works. I was down in Austin, Texas recently and they were doing a screening of it, a full house. Everyone was doing the lines. I mean, everybody. It was really fun. That movie had an impact, for sure. Jim [Cameron]'s work on it was really excellent."

Alien: Covenant is slated to hit theaters on August 4, 2017. Recently, we've learned that the film will feature plenty of practical effects and that it'll introduce a new breed of Xenomorph.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/10/alien-5-lance-henriksen-says-the-sequel-will-be-spectacular?ref=yfp

Here's my thing ~

Avatar is produced by James Cameron, who states he needs more time to write and design the movie, and, I read where they didn't want to face Star Wars 8 in Dec., airing at the same time in the theaters.  Whereas, Alien 5 is produced by Scott Free Productions and Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.  Having said that, here's hoping the Alien 5 will be completed on time.  Not holding my breath either.

So true, "talk is cheap," and we the people paying for it all with tickets and DVD sales want results.

I absolutely love the idea of Hicks surviving.  Here's the artwork for the movie and oh my, his face did get burned bad.  He's still yummy.  He could wear a "Phantom of the Opera" mask, making him more mysterious.

Image result for alien 5 images

• 1 month later...

I have mixed feelings about this with that definitely being a big part of it Earthnut. I've decided to just let me feelings lie and just go with it though and see where they're going with it. I'm one of the those odd few who actually like Alien3 (the workprint, the massively troubled production is fascinating) haha. 

Dark horse did a similar thing with comics with an alternate timeline around hicks and newt which I love too.  Also why I'm telling myself to not get too precious.

It's interesting how things have shifted around so much from Ridley thinking that the franchise just wasn't viable anymore and broadening it out with Prometheus (annoyed me that Lance wasn't Weyland) to coming full circle with Alien Covenant and this potential Alien 5.

Yeah, it annoyed me too that Lance wasn't Weyland.  Oh well.  I do look forward to the new one though since they're bringing Hicks and Newt back.

Lance Henriksen isn't sure how Bishop will be in Alien 5.

Here's the article link ~

https://www.alien5-movie.com/news/lance-henriksen-isnt-sure-how-bishop-be-alien-5

Michael Biehn talks more Alien 5, says it's happening and that there will be a new Newt!

https://www.alien5-movie.com/news/michael-biehn-talks-more-alien-5-says-its-happening-and-that-there-will-be-a-new-newt

Here's the link to the home page where these articles are ~

https://www.alien5-movie.com/

• Like 1