Earthnut

MLM Group 2017 New Year Resolutions

For starters, I have 3 books I'm trying to write, one is of my son's poetry, another is a children's book on love and forgiveness, and the third is my own personal one, Indigo Stars (not about Indigo children, but the spirituality of the color in the color spectrum and related to people's lives).  Plus, I have no clue how to get them published.  So writing and research are on the list.

Going on a trip to see my great-grandsons for the first time is probably on the top.

And I would love a ride in a helicopter.  Skydiving is out of the question at my age, unless it's an emergency to save my life.  Not sure my body could handle the landing.  Maybe I could go on a piggyback ride, but still have to deal with the landing.

Well, these are my main ones, and of course there are smaller desires on the list, but time to post and wait for some replies.

• Like 2

Well let's see. 

1. Make sure that I am totally on my game for the eclipse in August. 

2. Publish some papers. 

3. See something creepy/ out of the ordinary( my life is so painfully normal). 

4. Get some of my time back for gaming with my friends. 

5. Oh yeah, make a plan to finish my PHDs. 

Other things come to mind, but nothing to out of the ordinary. 

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone! To paraphrase Jose Chung, welcome to another 12 months of the same, old crap! Hopefully not!

:happy-new-year-party-smiley-emoticon:

I think mine would be to reduce the stress in my life, and do more walking!

:new-year-confetti-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 2

I don’t do New Year’s Resolutions, especially the “lose weight” and “take more exercise” types. I mean, who wants to think about salads and jogging when we’re in the depths of winter? If I were to make resolutions like those, I’d use the ancient Roman calendar which started in March.

But having a plan for writing a book or studying sounds good. The initial stages can be done while being indoors in the warm, with biscuits/cookies and mugs of hot chocolate to hand. That would suit me. :thumbsup::smile:

Yes, less worry and stress would be a good thing for a lot of people. So, let's hope for that this year!

:happy-new-year-glitter-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 3

But if I were to have a plan for this year, it’d be pretty much the same as last year, and year before... but with some additions.

I really do want to finally understand modern physics. You know, all that quantumy stuff. I do try, and it’s fascinating, but it often gives me a headache.

I want to learn how to draw and paint and have already got some teaching resources. That idea was prompted by the passing of dear Erin. I will never have her talent; it’s not in my soul as it was in hers. But I would at least like to learn some techniques.

I’ve just realised that those two things kind of demonstrate that I’ve finally got out of the rat-race. It doesn’t matter if I’m no good at something (i.e. doesn’t earn me money), what matters is that I have a go at something that interests me and not be afraid of turning out to be totally useless at it.

• Like 1

Libby, 

if you want to study modern physics remember this one point that many of us "professionals" forget: you learn more from failure than from sucess. 

-Stll in the rat-race, and still making the raptor work for it. 

Happy New Year

• Like 2

Here's another image posted by a FB friend:

2017 flowers.PNG

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.