Owls, Roosters, Anamnesis

Rate this topic

There are so many aspects of these episodes that were very intriguing, and had much potential for development. I loved the idea that there were several scisms in the Group over its long history. I thought this was an extremely realistic likelihood, given the nature of religious sects and secretive organizations. However, not much the subplots and potential mytharcs ever got developed, save for the tension between Frank & Peter, and Frank & the Group. And then, in season 3, we never saw any trace of any of these things. It was all about the Roosters and their agenda.

There are a number of things I would have like to have seen developed:

The Owls, their secretly accumulated scientific knowledege and the history of this.

The implied Owls method for "relieving" Group members of their "gifts," as one of the Owls offered to Laura Means.

The Family!!! I want to know more!!! This could have been an extremely vital subplot to the Millennium mythology, given that they were protectors of genetic decendants of Christ and Mary Magdalene. This would have completely rocked as a mytharc!

The Trust. I know that one of the main members was assasinated by the Group, but I still see potential for them to have continued on, perhaps in an even more determined and purposed fashion, inspired by the "martyring" of one of the Trusts founding members.

... and so much more...

I was wondering if anyone else was intriqued or inspirted by these things? I know that there is much debate amongs fans about the whole Owls/Roosters issues. Many love it, many despise it. What were you intrigued by in these episodes?

Edited by Selfosophist

Guest Wellington

Hi

I share the will to have seen more about that too! They could have been excellent entwined arcs, but the more I think about it (and I mean years), the more it looks to me it would have sent MM too far from its main themes. The complexity of Frank based plots would mean some things would have had to be diluted and everything would have lost a bit in the process.

However I also like to think that if anyone was serious about making of MM a full long show a la X-Files, that would have come back in a right way. Even though it seems that the 2-3 last series of X-F are the least loved by fans, I enjoyed their highly narrative content and I grieve we will never know what it could have given to MM with such a potential in hands.

Regards

It was all about the Roosters and their agenda.

Yeah...That annoid me, too.

The Owls, their secretly accumulated scientific knowledege and the history of this.

I agree....I wish there'd been more time to expand a bit more on this sub-plot! Oh, and "The Family"...? Geee... I watched the whole thing, and PAID ATTENTION, and yet I STILL couldn't realy tell someone what THAT was all about! And, "The Trust"...? I know NOTHING about them! Seems you know more than I do...! LOL!

Hmmm.... Maybe someday, I can write a MM movie like Movie Maker, and look into all that.... Just to give us some closeure....heeheehee :devil01::ouro:

:hands::hands3:

......hmm, roosters and thier agenda in S3?? the whole owles/roosters one-off was never ever mentioned in S3. -(i have to say thankfully, as S3 desperately had to get far-far away from "some" of the slliness of S2). In S2 the group, as a whole, was exposed as a controlling and dangerous cult. S3 took it a step further, over the course of the season, when it ws revealed that the group had, in fact, been infiltrated by Legion. S1/3 are my favs and i am quite certain the roosters, or any other supposed faction, was never mentioned. I mean it does fit in a way, and i can where you are coming from, but the S3 runners were not, and to an extent very UN-fairly, M&W fans throughout "all" of S2. -(while my own main beef was mainly the final 1/3 or so of that season.)

...i thought the trust was interesting as well and it would have been interesting see them again in S3 or a S4.

...and i am totally baffled by your descriptors of "The Family". In fact that term, i think, was never even used. Are you refering to the group of people at the very of "Monster" or something from "Anamnesis"?

BTW: you "sound" very familiar to me.(?)

Take Care,

se7en :ouro:

I too agree that the Owls/Roosters thing was a bit silly, but the different factions of the group could have been used in season three to explain away the whole group is evil stuff (which is also silly at first and boring after a while).

The Trust was interesting and a season three of Frank working for them would have been nice.

se7en, the Family is mentioned many times in Anamnesis. They're just one of those enemies of the week that are never seen again...

Edited by OS_

Guest Wellington

Hi

Enemy is a bit stretched for me. They may look like rivals of the Group to some extent, and indeed they were introduced as the result of a first schism way back in time. Again, a question about beliefs.

Regards

Enemy is a bit stretched for me. They may look like rivals of the Group to some extent, and indeed they were introduced as the result of a first schism way back in time. Again, a question about beliefs.

Yeah, it's a bit too strong a word but why miss a perfectly good opportunity for generalization. :wink:

While the Roosters agenda was never mentioned in series 3, it is easy to assume. The Millennium Group's leadership was represented through Watts, and I believe other Roosters characters were present. Also, the agenda of the MM Group was still focused on the comming 2000 millennium. This was the focal point of the Roosters. There was never any attention given to the mid-21st century spacial/temporal anomolie, mentioned as the prediction of the Owls. Though it was not mentioned, it would not have just gone away.

With regard to the various stories lines of differing groups, I can see the point that some of the brilliant themes of series 3 would have been lost. Fair enough. However, I think it would have been possible to incorporate a few episodes regarding the other groups. I also think the Trust would have been a great running theme in support of Frank, and his efforts to fight and expose the MM Group.

I still yearn for more explanation and exploration of the Owls secret scientific knowledge, and techniques. It is a just a shame MM was let go by Fox... never mind...

se7en, I haven't the foggiest idea why I sound familiar to you. Do you know me from another message board? Do I sound like someone you know? I am very active in several online communities, mostly science fiction. Are you a sci fi fan?

Edited by Selfosophist

I also think the Trust would have been a great running theme in support of Frank, and his efforts to fight and expose the MM Group.

...Selfosophist, you seem to know more than I do about the Trust...etc. What can you tell me about them...as well as The Family. I've seen the entire series through, but am rather unfamilir with these 2 parts of the MM group. Anything you can offer would be appreaciated.