Owls, Roosters, Anamnesis

Rate this topic

Oooooooooo, a good discussion is off toa running start. I would have loved to see the Roosters and Owls come back (even for the XF episode, Millennium). So what other dangling plot threads are there from S2 or S3?

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest Wellington

Hi

I would say so: they were sticking to biblical ties. Owls are scientists, thick geek glasses wearer (at least to my mind). :;):

Regards

Guest Seraphim

Yeah, I'd agree. The motives of the MM members in the XF episode are of a theological nature. Thus it would make sense they were of the Roosters faction.

.....Hmmm.... With that being the case....Then the group most likely did not totaly "dissolve", as was mentioned in that X-Files episode. The Owls are still active, somewhere, I'd think....and any members who were like Frank and Laura, who weren't associated with either group. This leaves a lot of firtle ground for a movie...I'd say! :gaba:

..........oh, good lord, if there are more than, say 20-30 fans, who truly think of that XF-pile of sh*t as being part of the MM canon then i will be stunned. STUNNED I SAY! It is not a MM episode therefore it is not canon-(i should throw in a "IN MY OPINION")- IT is simply a lame, stupid, insulting sh*t ball XF-episode and therefore, thankfuly, just more lame-assed XF-files tripe. -(don't get me wrong, i love XF but there were scores of narrative/creative weaknesses to it, here and there.)

...while i enjoyed, mostly, owls/roosters, it's rather silly and since M&W dropped it like a hot potato i, personally, don't hold much relevance to it in the overall MM canon/universe. (??)

...just a few cents worth,

se7en :ouro:

Guest Seraphim

It would leave a lot of holes if Carter came out sand said it was canon. It was an interesting idea, but was not carried out very well.

I liked aspects of Owls and Roosters. I generally like the "theological" episodes best. It wasn't the best ep of S2, but not the worst. There are some that a lot of people like that I liked aspects of, but find overrated and rather "out of place". I think having the MM group more multi-factioned to be interesting, but would rather it had been multiple smaller factions.