TIWWA Bot

M-TIWWA News - Millennium-themed Gadget Pack widgets for Windows & Rainmeter

9 posts in this topic

The Owl Ouroborus Countdown available in our Millennium Gadget Pack.

Fans of Chris Carter's Millennium television series may be interested to know that we have recently released a new pack of Windows 10 compatible desktop gadgets inspired by the series. The gadget pack requires the free Rainmeter desktop enhancement platform to be installed first.

The gadgets feature images inspired by Millennium, a Welcome Message from the Millennium Group, your name (optional) and the number of days remaining (you can edit the countdown) inspired by the Millennium television series. By default, when first installed each gadget displays the message "Welcome Frank", but the gadget can be easily configured to display any name and count down to any specific time and date you prefer.

Here's a short demo video (without sound) of the gadgets in action, showing how easy it is to customise each one. You can display one or more gadgets at any time and with some, change their visual style.

Pack includes 5 Millennium inspired gadgets, some with extra variants.

• Frank Black Countdown 2.0
  • Halloween 'Spooky' Frank Black Countdown 2.0 (new)
  • Halloween Pumpkin Countdown 2.0 (new) with 2 selectable variations, animated with flickering candle and standard non-animated version.
  • Lucy Butler Countdown 2.0 (new)
  • Ouroborous Countdown 2.0 (new) with 3 selectable variations including standard gold Ouroborous, an animated rotating Ouroborous and the popular Owls version of the Ouroborous.

The latest version of our gadget pack is available to download free for registered members via our TIWWA Downloads Manager here:

Millennium Gadgets Pack (for Rainmeter & Windows)

Helpful tips on using our new Millennium gadgets

Rainmeter is available from https://www.rainmeter.net/

SheriW54N9M

View the original article at Millennium-ThisIsWhoWeAre.net

Earthnut likes this

Thanks Beerman! Hope you caught the little Easter eggs in the video! :eyes:

They turned out well, I think they look great on my second monitor, I can glance over and see them and feel Millenniumistic! Or hit the button and I'm straight at TIWWA with a Boom Boom!

One of the biggest issues I had with the original Windows 7 sidebar gadgets was making it easy  to customise your name and the countdown. Now it's really easy, you just click on a gadget and change your name.

My favourites are Spooky Frank, the animated pumpkin, the rotating Ouroborus and the Owls hacked version. 

Happy to make some more gadgets with different Millennium characters, who would we like to see next? Catherine? Benny? Lara? Bob? Gehenna devil? Long haired man? Jose? Samiel? Sammael? Mike in the microwave? The green key lime pie tongue?!

As usual Graham, you're the man.  :27:  Thanks again for all that you do for us here.  :52:

Love the revolving Ouroborous.  :ouro:

You said the pack is for Windows 10, but mentioned the issues you had with the original Windows 7.  Is there a slight chance these new gadgets will work on windows 7?  :praying_small:

Is your second monitor hooked up to the same computer, or do you have two computers?  :137:

The Old Man likes this

Hi Darlene, hope you're well! Thanks for the kind words, it's a pleasure. I've not been well since Jan and off work, so I've had some time to catch up on a few things when I've had the energy and have found found it relaxing.

Yes, the gadget pack should work fine on Windows 7, because Rainmeter officially supports Windows 7, 8 and 10. I haven't tried it myself as I only have Windows 10 now after the free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 came out. 

Yes, both monitors are connected to the same PC. I have a 22" and an old square 19" connected to the same graphics card, which is what the gadgets are on in the video. I'd love 3 monitors for more convenience though! 

You are very welcome Graham, and all compliments to you are well deserved.

Glad to hear the gadgets will work on Win 7.  I miss seeing it.

My problem is I don't need 2 monitors as much as I need 2 computers, but haven't a clue how to connect them to one monitor.  Really am lacking room too, but I'd figure it out to get more accomplished at the same time.

Image result for cartoon, 2 computers

The Old Man likes this

Posted (edited)

Downloaded Rainmeter and the Gadgets, but I obviously have some reading to do before I know how to use either of them.

Thanks again, and please get to feeling good again.  :notworthy:  :52:

Edited by Earthnut
The Old Man likes this

I love that pic, Earthnut!

Two monitors is cheaper than two buying two computers sharing one monitor, and definitely easier to use!

:throw:

I guess you do it with a KVM switch though. KVM stands for Keyboard, Video, Mouse.

We use them in work to connect 12 servers to one slide out keyboard, mouse and monitor, then we just choose which we want to see and control.

Here's one I found in the US with VGA style connectors for around $39 that also does audio (ideal for home/office!):

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817707173

Startech is a good brand too!

Posted (edited)

I think I may actually have a KVM switch in storage, but couldn't get it to work last time I tried using it.  Right now I don't have room for the other tower.  Oh well.

WOW, newegg, I know one or more of the guys who are associated with that site, and it's where I buy my DVD burners.

Sometimes I feel this is the exchange with my PC. Well, tried twice to paste it so I will have to drag and drop.

Computer, can't you do anything right.png

Edited by Earthnut
The Old Man likes this