Earthnut

'John Wick,' 'Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies At 56

'John Wick,' 'Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies At 56

Image result for michael Nyqvist 

FILE - In this Sept. 12, 2015 file photo, Swedish actor Michael Nyqvist attends The Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) and InStyle's annual Toronto International Film Festival celebration in Toronto. Nyqvist, who starred in the original “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” films and often played villains in Hollywood movies like “John Wick” died after a year-long battle with lung cancer. He was 56. (Photo by Arthur Mola/Invision/AP, File)  

(He was in the one season only, 6 episodes, TV series, "Millennium" in 2010, that also starred Noomi Rapace.  I never heard about it until after going to IMDb, where Michael has a long and impressive list of credits.  It's about the adventures of journalist Mikael Blomkvist and hacker Lisbeth Salander.  The complete mini-series has been issued on Blu-ray & DVD in North America, but marketed as 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy: Extended Edition' and has a complete running time of 558 minutes.  Here's the link ~ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1634549/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_24 )

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Swedish actor Michael Nyqvist, who starred in the original "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" films and often played villains in Hollywood movies like "John Wick" has died. Nyqvist's representative Jenny Tversky said Tuesday that he died after a year-long battle with lung cancer. He was 56.

"It is with deep sadness that I can confirm that our beloved Michael, one of Sweden's most respected and accomplished actors, has passed away quietly surrounded by family," Tversky said in a statement on behalf of the family.

Nyqvist is perhaps best known worldwide for originating the role of Mikael Blomkvist in the Swedish "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" series opposite Noomi Rapace. Daniel Craig played the role in the American adaptation.

In Hollywood, Nyqvist played a broad range of memorable roles, including the mob boss who terrorizes Keanu Reeves in "John Wick" and Tom Cruise's foe in "Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol."

"Michael's joy and passion were infectious to those who knew and loved him," read the family's statement. "His charm and charisma were undeniable, and his love for the arts was felt by all who had the pleasure of working with him."

Nyqvist has a number of films on the slate that are yet to come out, including Terrence Malick's World War II drama "Radegund" and Thomas Vinterberg's "Kursk," about the 2000 K-141 Kursk submarine disaster.

He is survived by his wife Catharina and their children Ellen and Arthur.

• Like 1

Rest in peace Michael :6:

Lance was talking about "The Girl with the dragon tattoo" and recommended the trilogy in this video :

I bought the Trilogy on his recommendation (after watching the video)
I like the movies a lot - Known here as the MILLENNIUM Trilogy.

Micheal played his role as Mikael Blomkvist so good and i also liked Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander !

Watch it and enjoy ! :thumbsup:

Edited by Simon Black

Simon,  :sign1:  for posting the video of Lance.  Really enjoyed it.  :ouroborous:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.