Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Earthnut

Meaning of Your Name

5 posts in this topic

Discover the meaning and history behind your last name

https://www.ancestry.com/learn/facts?o_xid=67028&o_lid=67028&o_sch=Content+Marketing

My maiden name is "Chase," so here's that info.  Please post yours.  I look forward to reading them.

Chase Name Meaning
English: metonymic occupational name for a huntsman, or rather a nickname for an exceptionally skilled huntsman, from Middle English chase ‘hunt’ (Old French chasse, from chasser ‘to hunt’, Latin captare). Southern French: topographic name for someone who lived in or by a house, probably the occupier of the most distinguished house in the village, from a southern derivative of Latin casa ‘hut’, ‘cottage’, ‘cabin’.

My mother's family (both sides) were from Czechoslovakia with the last name of "Strbak" (Starbuck or Sterbuck in English).  No meaning of the name was found, just statistics.  They were from a town at the Czech Northern border named, "Strba."  Wonder if there's a connection.

Larimer Name Meaning
English and Scottish: occupational name for a maker and seller of spurs, bits, and other small metal attachments to harness and tackle. Compare Lorimer.

perfect ! 

On 7/17/2017 at 5:35 PM, Walkabout said:

Larimer Name Meaning
English and Scottish: occupational name for a maker and seller of spurs, bits, and other small metal attachments to harness and tackle. Compare Lorimer.

perfect ! 

Yes Walkabout, it is perfect for you since you had a horse ranch.  Thanks for posting.

I thought of posting here, having researched some of my family history, but decided otherwise. Because it's personal, and I don't want it automatically visible on the Twitter feed.

This really isn't about family history Libby, it's just the meaning of your name.  Please at least post the meaning of "Libby."  :52: