High Plains Drifter, Joseph McBrayer

Message added by The Old Man

AA8E491A-5499-45D4-A0C4-01573D1B92A4.jpeg

RIP High Plains Drifter. This Is Who We Are.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe updated his progress :  " Not that I am having a hard but lately I feel outside myself looking in. What I am seeing with myself is what they call chemo brain. I try to read a lot. My mind sometimes can't find the words I need to talk or express how I feel. When I reflect on this I keep telling myself, I will over come this too. I find this aggravating and sometimes sad. I am really hoping after this round of chemo I will be able to go on medication in regards to my liver. I keep the faith and try not to be sad. "  please keep sending Joe positive energy !

• Like 2

• Elders (Admins)

Joe, you are doing INCREDIBLE. We are all so proud of you. You will no doubt have days like those, there must be days when you feel honestly like giving up. No one could ever deny you those moments, YOU OWN them.

Stay positive because you are brave, you have a good heart and a strong code and remember that you're actually beating this, at its own game, even when it takes a step up, right now, even when you're sleeping, you are beating it even further back down.

So take every one of those moments and use them to regain and raise your determination even higher, and to fight even harder; and even if it's of just the smallest comfort in the darkest of those times. It's so easy for someone else so far away to just say, but even if it's the smallest, sliver of light, know that we're all behind you. All the time, wherever we are, in our thoughts, prayers and hopes.

You will beat this. You are beating this.

You are surrounded with the incredible love, hope and strength of your family and your friends. This doesn't stand a chance, because you will beat this.

One day, you're going to say, you know what? I took it, and I beat it. Because you are, and you will.

Take care my friend.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

"Joe, you are doing INCREDIBLE. We are all so proud of you. You will no doubt have days like those, there must be days when you feel honestly like giving up. No one could ever deny you those moments, YOU OWN them.

Stay positive because you are brave, you have a good heart and a strong code and remember that you're actually beating this, at its own game, even when it takes a step up, right now, even when you're sleeping, you are beating it even further back down..."

Very nicely put, Old Man.  The battles have been tough, but Joe's waged war on this cancer and he'll win.  Bet on it.

We're behind you on this, Joe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

update 2 hrs ago on Joes FB page :  " The nurse just called to let me know my tumor markers are down to 2474 a big decrease. 
Right now I am suffering from the side effects from today's chemo. They gave me nausea meds that's making me feel loopy "   keep sending Joe positive energy and good wishes for the day hes cancer free ! 

• Like 2

On 8/11/2018 at 8:08 PM, Gotham Gal said:

That's down by roughly half in about a month which seems extremely good!  So glad to have the positive news, Walkabout--thanks.

Yes, definitely positive news.

• Like 1

a FB update from Joe just one hour ago ;  "  Had some rough days Sunday and Monday but today I am so relieved that my markers are down to 3142 from 3740. The chemo I am getting for my liver is doing its job but it sure makes me sick. Next up is a scan of my liver. I am crossing my fingers and praying that the results of this scan will lead to oral medication and I can say goodbye to chemo. "  keep sending Joe all the positive energy you can .  his son just started 8th grade and he has many milestones yet ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1