High Plains Drifter, Joseph McBrayer

Message added by The Old Man

AA8E491A-5499-45D4-A0C4-01573D1B92A4.jpeg

RIP High Plains Drifter. This Is Who We Are.

this post was by Joe's amazing wife 2 hrs ago on FB :   "   Friends - Joe will be transitioning to my sister-in-law's home Thursday, June 12 to receive hospice services. We welcome visitors but we ask that you call first. Joe is sleeping a lot more, and too much talking and noise is starting to affect him. We also ask that if you are visiting that you come before 6 pm. Joe gets very sleepy and is ready for bed around 7 pm. My cell number is (314) 288-7076 and Liz's is (636)399-2660. If you would like to send a card or anything else you can send it to 9212 Seneca Lane, overland, MO 63114 or at Liz's place - 430 Claymont Dr, Ballwin, Mo. 63011. Thank you all for everything you have been doing for our families and please keep the prayers coming. " may your thoughts be with Joe , his wife , young son and his other family as we enter the next phase .  :rose1::not-depressed-just-quiet::23:

• Bewildered 1

The one thing I have learned throughout my life is that, when someone crosses over into the spirit realm, they are still alive, it's their flesh that ceases to live.  We can't see their body alive anymore and interact with them physically, but they have never left us, they have just stepped out of the flesh into the spirit, a realm of divine love.  They can still communicate with us in spirit, if WE are receptive.  Know and remember that we will have eternity to spend with our loved ones.

Amen to no more pain and misery.  And what a day to cross over, Father's Day.  Spiritually speaking, to me it's a compliment.  I say this because my mother was born on Easter Sunday, and crossed over on Easter Sunday.  A compliment.

This poem was given to me after my oldest son crossed over, and I share it with all the love in my heart.

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep

by Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow;

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain;

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

Do not stand at my grave and mourn.

I am the dew-flecked grass at dawn.

Where tranquil oceans meet the land

I am the footprints in the sand

To guide you through the weary day.

I am still here; I'll always stay.

When you wake up to morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there; I did not die.

:rose1:

• Like 3

• Elders (Admins)

Like many, I am so saddened to hear of Joe's passing. I know that all our thoughts, prayers and well wishes from all over the world are with his loving and brave family and friends. We take comfort in knowing that he is no longer in pain or weary. He never gave up. He can now rest.

1618DE25-A795-49ED-842C-AC500B526684.jpeg

Our High Plains Drifter, Joe.

For many of us Joe McBrayer was a wonderful online friend, our High Plains Drifter, our proud expert movie guy and he was always happy, always there for us with his big heart, smile and sense of humour which shone in his posts. He loved Millennium of course, his favourite writer being Chip Johannessen, and he also loved the numerous other shows and productions that Chip and the rest of the incredibly talented Ten Thirteen family went on to create and inspire. He loved Sarah-Jane Redmond's character of Lucy Butler.

Joe loved being a member of our Millennium based online community. He joined our original message board way back on April 27th, 2004 and in the 15 years that followed he was always considered a valued and respected member, contributing almost 4000 posts and content.

I remember his great love of baseball and recall his early posts about the Night Stalker TV series and his progress with adoption. He liked to share blog entries and photos albums in our Gallery of his holiday memories and of his much-loved family. He loved contributing to our special community events. Before his illness, Joe had intended to finish writing towards the long awaited fan-fiction Millennium Virtual Season 6.

Many years ago, in early 2011, it was our pleasure to support and sponsor Joe who had challenged himself to raise $500 for children's cancer charity St Baldricks, a long established organisation which has raised millions towards cancer research. Please visit their website St Baldricks to learn more.

Joseph McBrayer was an inspiring father, a loving husband, a good man and a fine friend. We will surely miss him in the years that follow.

This Is Who We Are

https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/profile/569-highplainsdrifter/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1