ENGINECOMICS

MINDHUNTER - A MILLENNIUMISTIC NETFLIX TV SERIES?

Hi all. Something of interest to fellow group members, an upcoming Netflix series adapting of John Douglas‘ 1996 nonfiction novel, “Mind Hunter: Inside the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit,” which is based on Douglas’ work as an FBI profiler tracking down serial killers. Also one of the source book inspirations for the writers on Millennium. http://www.slashfilm.com/mindhunter-teaser-trailer-david-finchers-new-netflix-series/ 

Per IMDb, there are 10 episodes in season 1, scheduled to premiere on Oct 13.

Cast ~

Jonathan Groff as Holden Ford, a special agent in the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit; based on John E. Douglas
Holt McCallany as Bill Tench, a special agent in the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit; based on Robert K. Ressler
Anna Torv as Wendy, a psychologist; based on Dr. Ann Wolbert Burgess
Hannah Gross as Debbie
Cotter Smith as Shepard, unit chief of the FBI National Training Academy

The series will be set in 1979 and will revolve around two FBI agents, played by Jonathan Groff and Holt McCallany, who interview imprisoned serial killers in order to understand how such criminals think, and apply it to solving ongoing cases.

(Read where Charlize Theron and David Fincher had introduced the project to HBO in 2009.  Another video on YT)

I just watched the first three-four episodes

The beginning of it had me a little worried, the show's protagonist comes off a bit like Jessie Eisenberg portraying Mark Zukerberg in an FBI suit and it is much more of a set-up to establish this 1970's landscape, luckily things pick up in Ep2 and had me hooked 'til the wee hours of the morning. Definitely recommended!

Well I usually stay away from profiler type shows, but you have me intrigued. :shades:

Are Netflix shows available on other platforms? I only have Sky and Amazon Prime.

It gets harder all the time trying to figure out 1. how to get certain shows, 2. when the next season begins, and 3. when the DVDs will (finally) come out.