MINDHUNTER - A MILLENNIUMISTIC NETFLIX TV SERIES?

ENGINECOMICS

Old Man, I've gotten to the point where I even stay away from cop and detective shows.  I am so burned out.  Same with all the comic book heroes and all their powers.  Now they're big on military, "The Brave, SEAL Team, Valor," and the list goes on.  There's just way too many shows about sex, drugs, violence, and even the comedies are mostly stupid and hard to watch.  At least for me anyway.  I've really gotten picky.

Totally agree with you Gotham Gal regarding 1-3.  Especially how to watch and/or get certain shows that air on a station that's not available to me, or I just can't afford it.  So many shows are airing on HBO (Game of Thrones), Netflix (a list), and I'm already paying for my basic cable and Internet.  Plus, I have to be content with downloading a copy, and not buying DVDs, that are so very expensive.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Gotta agree re: cops and doctor shows.  Too much.  I just pick out maybe four or five of the more unusual shows to follow per year and at any given time, maybe only two are actually airing.  As for the DVDs, are there any places to buy used nearby, earthnut?  Just a thought.

On a sadder note, I heard "Name That Tune" is coming back…:)

Yes, we must add medical dramas to the list.  I lean more toward science fiction and some fantasies based on books I have read.  Also, just a couple comic book heroes, Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  I'm a big fan of Game of thrones, Vikings, and The Walking Dead, to name a few.

There are stores around with used TV series, just most of the time they don't have what I want in stock.  I do look, but one store is in a super busy intersection that I don't like going to.

When it originally aired I was a big fan of "Name That Tune," probably because I was raised in a musical home.  Both parents were very talented and the singing rubbed off on me.  I have to admit, producers seem like they're grabbing at straws.  The Gong Show is another one.

Speaking of harassment, you have got to read this short article about something Carrie Fisher did for a friend.

https://start.att.net/news/read/category/news/article/decider-carrie_fisher_delivered_a_message_to_a_sexual_hara-rnypost

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

The show is based on the book  Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit by John E Douglas and Mark Olshaker. Of course they take creative liberties  but John Douglas really was kind of a 60's era clean cut type.  Prior to joining the Behavioral sciences unit at the FBI, he was a sniper  with the FBI, and  was based in Detroit.  The older character is based on Robert Ressler.. Douglas and Ressler really did  start the whole profiling thing, they pioneered it.  Their first real test was the Atlanta Child murders.. their profiling  was very instrumental  in helping detectives know what kind of person they were looking for and also in helping prosecutors  know how to  handle Williams on the witness stand.

Douglas actually used to be impressed with me, but we had a falling out.. I doubt he's that impressed with my capabilities now... ( politics ugh!)  I still respect his work, think he and Ressler are the REAL DEAL!!!!   If you get the chance check him out on youtube.  His voice is surprisingly young sounding.   You'd expect someone in that line of work of course to sound more like Lance Henriksen!

The lady they work with on the show  is based on Ann W Burgess.

I don't know who the other FBI characters are based on.

Douglas actually likes Kemper.  Of course he says Kemper never should ever ever get out,  but he found him  to be intelligent and genial.

I watched the whole thing.  Dangit now a year if we get a season 2?  GRRR!    

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

It would be! Wish I hadn't ticked off Mr Douglas... I could have put a word in  ..... Ah well, bridges...

They are about serial killers...  ones active  between 1978 on up through Dennis rader the BTK.... Don't know if they will keep going to ones like John Edward Robinson, the DC snipers, Derrick Todd Lee,  and so many more.

I wonder what Part Mr H could play?  We know he can do FBI agents and serial killers really well, so either way!

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

20 hours ago, beerbelch said:

BEER-------> Excellent review see! Wouldn't it be fun if Lance showed up next season!

BELCH

It would be awesome if Lance showed up next season.  Haven't watched this series yet since I am now watching "The Man in the High Castle," produced by Amazon.  I'm 2 episodes away from finishing season 1 and then will have to watch season 2.  They are saying season 3 will air sometime in early 2018.  It is such a good show.  When I finish it, then I will watch season 1 of "Mindhunter," and so looking forward to it.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Earth-------> Yes, I can see Frank Black coming in as a recruit, but having more of a consultant title, considering his expertise, background and experience.  Better yet, a lead.  I still haven't watched to give an educated opinion, but will be watching it soon.  Just finished season 1 of The Man in the High Castle, and OMG, it is soooooooooooooo good, and excited about watching season 2.  3 is due out early 2018.

Sorry Mr. Belch,  :mug-of-beer-smiley-emoticon:   I just don't see the Benjamin Button thing in Mindhunter.  It was a very good stand-alone movie though.  Of course with modern special effects, they could make Lance look young again, but I think that would ruin the episode if they did that, or the whole series.

NUT  

Peanuts on Facebook 2.2

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines