Very Millenniumistic Movie: From Hell

Guest Jagasian

Guest Jagasian

"From Hell" is a great movie that wasn't marketted correctly, and the title alone probably turned people off. It is basically Millennium set back in the late 1800s and tells the tale of Jack the Ripper. The investigator that is after the Ripper has "visions", just like another character we all love (Jack Black). It even has a secret society/cult and serial killer. Anybody that likes Millennium will easily love "From Hell". If you doubt me, just give it a rental. The movie is very disturbed though, and is far more graphic than Millennium, so tread carefully. Here are some links:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120681/

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...?v=glance&s=dvd

Notice the other DVDs that customers who bought "From Hell" also bought, and you will see that this movie is right up your alley.

Edited by Jagasian

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....from hell did quite reasonably well here in the states. Add your DVD sales to that and it's considered a moderately popular film, rightly so, because it is fantastic all around. Robbie Coltrane and Johnny Depp were really wonderful togather and the hughs brother's direction is, one again, superb and proof that african-american filmakers are not just adept at making "themed" issue films, for the most part.

...From Hell is one of my favorite horror/mystery films of the genre.

~se7en

Guest Jagasian
....from hell did quite reasonably well here in the states. Add your DVD sales to that and it's considered a moderately popular film, rightly so, because it is fantastic all around. Robbie Coltrane and Johnny Depp were really wonderful togather and the hughs brother's direction is, one again, superb and proof that african-american filmakers are not just adept at making "themed" issue films, for the most part.

...From Hell is one of my favorite horror/mystery films of the genre.

~se7en

I didn't know the directors were African-American. I never really thought about it. "From Hell" is one of my Halloween movies. My wife likes the new"Sleepy Hallow", but it just wasn't scary enough for me. I liked the cartoon version as a kid. Well, Happy Halloween everybody!

Btw, I just started watching Millennium about a month ago. A couple years ago, I started watching the X-Files for the first time, when I downloaded the entire series off of the net. I got to season 7 and learned about Millennium. So I am watching them in order now. I just finished season 2, which was far better than season 1. I love this show as it isn't afraid of anything. It has killed at least 3 of its main characters so far. I will probably finish season 3 in a month's time. Then I return to X-files season 7 and onward. I need to make sure to watch Harsh Realm and Lone Gunmen too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines