Earthnut

Stupid Things We've Done

Last night I got to bed late, and in the early morning my tom cat woke me up pestering my female.  It's what tom cats do.  I have a torn left rotator cuff, and lately I've over-used the right arm and shoulder to compensate, so after going to the loo, I sat on the edge of the bed and reached for the horse liniment to attempt to rub it on both shoulders.  There's one problem with this, I started rubbing it all over my left shoulder, then poof, I knew something was wrong, turned on the light, and I had grabbed the cough syrup bottle instead.  I had red syrup all over my shoulder, down my P J's and so glad it hit my purse instead of the carpet, with only one small spot on the sheet.  Naturally I hurried into the bathroom, and when I looked in the mirror on my way to the bathtub, I can truly say it looked like blood.   Lance would be proud. Then hastily and carefully I took my P J's off,  forgetting that I hadn't closed the door and that my son was in town and in the other bedroom.  I am so thankful he didn't wake up.  Or should I say get up and come out?  So I quickly closed the door and continued to put water in the tub to let the P J's soak as I rinsed the blood off.

A few hours later I woke up with cotton mouth, and instead of grabbing my bottle of water I grabbed the bottle of horse liniment.  Immediately I could tell it was the wrong bottle and decided to drink some water and attempt to go back to sleep.  Obviously I needed more.  I ended up sleeping till noon.  Idiot number two.

My son's girlfriend was over and I told them what I did.  She said she had never heard of anything like that before, and I told her I wasn't surprised and that she probably never will again.  Idiot number three.    :4: