Gotham Gal

Mr. Robot

Yes, comedies do have more staying power.  The show that both Graham and I wish at lasted at least one more season was Carnivàle (not a comedy) .  It only had 2, and it was such a different story line, and such a good show.  It's in Walkabout's stack of DVDs to watch.  Have you seen it?

Edited by Earthnut

On 9/5/2018 at 12:02 PM, Earthnut said:

Yes, comedies do have more staying power.  The show that both Graham and I wish at lasted at least one more season was Carnivàle (not a comedy) .  It only had 2, and it was such a different story line, and such a good show.  It's in Walkabout's stack of DVDs to watch.  Have you seen it?

I have not seen Carnivàle, but have heard elsewhere it was very good.  Have you seen The Deuce?  Similar, but different. I like it, don't love it. Watch when I can.  Walkabout has a goo DVD collection:)

Between us, Walkabout and I could open a library with all of the DVDs that we have collected.  Sadly, most of our VHS tapes are gone, and some of them never made it to DVD.  I have managed to save a few of them.  I have a program that can transfer a VHS to the computer and convert it to DVD format, but haven't the room to set up a VHS player at my computer.  Maybe someday.  One off the top of my head is The Brothers Karamazov (1958).  It's a classic, full of stars.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051435/

Never heard of The Deuce.  After going to IMDb and reading about it, sorry, not interested.  And doesn't really look similar to  Carnivàle after reading about it.    Carnivàle is a very spiritual show. 

Just finished watching season 2 of The Sinner.  It's a murder mystery that stars Bill Pullman, with a twist in every episode, and little to no violence.  Season 1 was good too and why I wanted to see 2.  It just finished airing.  They're both more about the people and solving the murder.

On 5/28/2018 at 12:56 PM, beerbelch said:

BEER-----> BTW, Sam Esmail is playing Freddie Mercury in the movie 'Queen'.

BELCH

Just saw "Bohemian Rhapsody" last night, the biopic about Freddie Mercury from Queen, where Freddie is played by Rami Malek, who also plays Elliot Alderson in Mr. Robot.  He's a really talented actor, IMO, and I enjoyed him in this role, too.  Recommend the movie if you like stories about rock stars.

12 hours ago, Gotham Gal said:

Just saw "Bohemian Rhapsody" last night, the biopic about Freddie Mercury from Queen, where Freddie is played by Rami Malek, who also plays Elliot Alderson in Mr. Robot.  He's a really talented actor, IMO, and I enjoyed him in this role, too.  Recommend the movie if you like stories about rock stars.

Totally agree about Rami Malek being talented.  I just saw him in the remake of Papillon, and he was awesome.  Rock stars aren't my thing, but I do like some of their music of course, but been wanting to see Bo.. Rhap... for Rami's performance.  I read it was sensational.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:18 AM, Earthnut said:

Totally agree about Rami Malek being talented.  I just saw him in the remake of Papillon, and he was awesome.  Rock stars aren't my thing, but I do like some of their music of course, but been wanting to see Bo.. Rhap... for Rami's performance.  I read it was sensational.

No1, Where did you see the latest Papillion?

On 11/7/2018 at 12:54 PM, no1detailr said:

No1, Where did you see the latest Papillion?

From the Internet.

• You may also like...

• By Gotham Gal
      Thought some might want to chat about this show.  The new season (2) is off to a good start.  Elisabeth Moss plays her role so well.
      By Guest
      Tonight:New LOSTNew ALIASTomorrow:New CSIFriday:New ANDROMEDANew ENTERPRISEThe Final THIRD WATCH (how I will miss that show)With the three shows I watch on Friday coming to an end, I wonder if anything good will be on other than when new episodes air on Sci-Fi Channel's SCI-FI Friday line-up. I'm depresssed now like Marvin the robot from HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY (which reminds me that I have a review to write about that movie tonight).
      By Guest
      I think the writers of 24 did a funny again because I thought I heard Jack Bauer give out a real cell phone number (they did it a few months ago in an early episode of this season) in tonight's episode: 11:00 PM to 12:00 AM.24 is riveting as ever. Now I'm tempted to call Jack Bauer as "Prancing Jack" by the way he pranced into CTU early in this episode. Wow, it must be nice to have CTU be so near and Jack must prance right in to make it into the scene.
      By Guest
      I watched last night's episode of 24 which I taped last night. The Jack Bauer Power hour always thrills and excites. I spotted James Morrison as a guest star in this episode. I also noticed teh director of the episode was Bryan Spicer, director of several episodes of THE LONE GUNMEN. Oddly enough, I gravitated to an episode of E! True Hollywoood Story on Justine Bateman before I went off to start my day.E! is definitely an addictive time waster at times. I'm glad I have ignored it at times and that most of the stuff on E! is total crap.
      By Guest
      The fourth season ends on May 13th with the last new episode to be aired on UPN ever. So mark your calenders for the day the series finale airs (unless someone else picks it up for season 5 like the SCI-FI Channel or SpikeTV).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.