Mr. Robot

Gotham Gal

Yes, comedies do have more staying power.  The show that both Graham and I wish at lasted at least one more season was Carnivàle (not a comedy) .  It only had 2, and it was such a different story line, and such a good show.  It's in Walkabout's stack of DVDs to watch.  Have you seen it?

Edited by Earthnut

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 12:02 PM, Earthnut said:

Yes, comedies do have more staying power.  The show that both Graham and I wish at lasted at least one more season was Carnivàle (not a comedy) .  It only had 2, and it was such a different story line, and such a good show.  It's in Walkabout's stack of DVDs to watch.  Have you seen it?

I have not seen Carnivàle, but have heard elsewhere it was very good.  Have you seen The Deuce?  Similar, but different. I like it, don't love it. Watch when I can.  Walkabout has a goo DVD collection:)

Between us, Walkabout and I could open a library with all of the DVDs that we have collected.  Sadly, most of our VHS tapes are gone, and some of them never made it to DVD.  I have managed to save a few of them.  I have a program that can transfer a VHS to the computer and convert it to DVD format, but haven't the room to set up a VHS player at my computer.  Maybe someday.  One off the top of my head is The Brothers Karamazov (1958).  It's a classic, full of stars.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051435/

Never heard of The Deuce.  After going to IMDb and reading about it, sorry, not interested.  And doesn't really look similar to  Carnivàle after reading about it.    Carnivàle is a very spiritual show. 

Just finished watching season 2 of The Sinner.  It's a murder mystery that stars Bill Pullman, with a twist in every episode, and little to no violence.  Season 1 was good too and why I wanted to see 2.  It just finished airing.  They're both more about the people and solving the murder.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2018 at 12:56 PM, beerbelch said:

BEER-----> BTW, Sam Esmail is playing Freddie Mercury in the movie 'Queen'.

BELCH

Just saw "Bohemian Rhapsody" last night, the biopic about Freddie Mercury from Queen, where Freddie is played by Rami Malek, who also plays Elliot Alderson in Mr. Robot.  He's a really talented actor, IMO, and I enjoyed him in this role, too.  Recommend the movie if you like stories about rock stars.

12 hours ago, Gotham Gal said:

Just saw "Bohemian Rhapsody" last night, the biopic about Freddie Mercury from Queen, where Freddie is played by Rami Malek, who also plays Elliot Alderson in Mr. Robot.  He's a really talented actor, IMO, and I enjoyed him in this role, too.  Recommend the movie if you like stories about rock stars.

Totally agree about Rami Malek being talented.  I just saw him in the remake of Papillon, and he was awesome.  Rock stars aren't my thing, but I do like some of their music of course, but been wanting to see Bo.. Rhap... for Rami's performance.  I read it was sensational.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:18 AM, Earthnut said:

Totally agree about Rami Malek being talented.  I just saw him in the remake of Papillon, and he was awesome.  Rock stars aren't my thing, but I do like some of their music of course, but been wanting to see Bo.. Rhap... for Rami's performance.  I read it was sensational.

No1, Where did you see the latest Papillion?

On 11/7/2018 at 12:54 PM, no1detailr said:

No1, Where did you see the latest Papillion?

From the Internet.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

We're about halfway through the final season, which is a big long X-mas special.  At the moment, Esmail's into the psychodrama component rather than techno-drama--I hope and expect both aspects will be fully explored. Interesting direction, super acting by Malek.  A couple of the episodes thus far should be up for awards next year, imo. How this ends will be intriguing. I'd say I can't wait, but I don't want it to end.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Admins)

Hey @Gotham Gal

Welcome back to the family, you've been missed! 

I'm definitely intending to catch up with Mr Robot. 🤖 I prefer the hacking drama rather than the trippy stuff though.

• Thanks 1
  • Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

• Similar Content

• By Gotham Gal
      The mini-series Chernobyl, based on events at the nuclear site, was quite good. I watched in over the New Year. This is Craig Mazen's baby. While I don't consider him the most imaginative TV writer on Earth, he is nonetheless a very competent one, and ideally suited for this type of project.  These type of events IRL are worth remembering when we get haughty as human beings. Anyone else see it?
    • By Gotham Gal
      Star Trek Picard is two episodes in on CBS All Access. I'd recommend it if you like sci-fi and have at least a passing interest in Star Trek incarnations.  It's been set up very skillfully for a potentially intriguing story re: Romulans, Data, Borg, and of course, Picard, now retired (not really). I like it better than Discovery, which I couldn't (or at least haven't) finished. On a positive note, it's been renewed for next season, so no worries about cancellation at least for a year or so.
    • By Gotham Gal
      Just binged S-3 of Amazon's "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" (a comedy) which is a really easy watch. It's about a young woman in the late '50s/early '60s (Lenny Bruce era) who finds she's got some talent in stand up comedy and takes to the roads to fulfill her dreams.  Good serialized period piece.
      Is anyone else enjoying it?
    • By Gotham Gal
      Thought some might want to chat about this show.  The new season (2) is off to a good start.  Elisabeth Moss plays her role so well.
      By Guest
      The fourth season ends on May 13th with the last new episode to be aired on UPN ever. So mark your calenders for the day the series finale airs (unless someone else picks it up for season 5 like the SCI-FI Channel or SpikeTV).
  • 10 Recent Topics

• 942E75C2-F0CE-46E3-9CDC-D8C2F067DCDF.png

Our new Spreadshirt clothing and apparel stores are now available!

US/CAN UK/EU

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines