Gotham Gal

Here's speculation-  I think Gillian Anderson decided to not play Scully anymore after this season because she didn't like what Chris Carter did with the whole William story line and have Scully have a miracle pregnancy.    I base this on a non-verbal reply that Gillian gave to fans on Twitter who weren't happy with the season finale.  It was a gif of Scully rolling her eyes.

However, I think they could fix The X-Files if they brought it back again by having Mulder being in a mentor role where a grown up Jordan Black is an FBI Agent paired up with Mulder in the X-Files. This would give the show a chance to finally meld Millennium and X-Files mythology.  However, the next way to fix the show is get Chris Cater to take a backseat to the show and have Glen Morgan and James Wong take over the show running.  I think the most horrible episodes of the last two seasons are the mythology episodes written by Chris Carter (like he doesn't know how to write good mythology episodes anymore).

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

I guess they could have Scully die in childbirth.. and have Mulder be a single dad?   That is, since Gillian Anderson isn't going to play her any more.  If she comes back, if they do another season, I hope she has her voice back.    I just think with her not wanting to do more x-files, the show is probably over.

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

I think since Disney is going to own all the Fox movies and shows soon, they are going to look for ways to exploit the properties like Avatar, Die Hard, Planet of the Apes, Alien, and the X-Files.  However, I do think they need to kick Chris Carter to throw curb since the last good X-Files he wrote was the last movie and it could even be a better Millennium episode if it was rewritten for Frank Black.  If Disney gives J.J. Abrams an exclusive deal to develop new TV and movies, The X-Files could be something that Bad Robot could produce as a soft reboot revival that could fix what Carter has been flubbing since season 7 or Season 8.

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

On 1/26/2019 at 8:46 PM, voidprime said:

However, I think they could fix The X-Files if they brought it back again by having Mulder being in a mentor role where a grown up Jordan Black is an FBI Agent paired up with Mulder in the X-Files. This would give the show a chance to finally meld Millennium and X-Files mythology.  However, the next way to fix the show is get Chris Cater to take a backseat to the show and have Glen Morgan and James Wong take over the show running.  I think the most horrible episodes of the last two seasons are the mythology episodes written by Chris Carter (like he doesn't know how to write good mythology episodes anymore).

I'm with you...Morgan and Wong.  We do need a decent crossover, and maybe even a decent closure.  Would love to see Jordan as an agent.  That FBI zombie thing was a disgrace to both shows.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

2 hours ago, Earthnut said:

I'm with you...Morgan and Wong.  We do need a decent crossover, and maybe even a decent closure.  Would love to see Jordan as an agent.  That FBI zombie thing was a disgrace to both shows.

The Millennium group zombie episode was crap.   Millennium had better closure with last season 3 episode

I agree, "Goodbye To All That" really did give us closure, especially with this last scene of them driving away.  We really didn't need any other closure, especially some hideous FBI zombies.

Thumbnail image 235 from the Millennium episode Goodbye To All That.

• Like 2

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 weeks later...

We had closure of a sort, all too soon..... SO SAD!   that x-files farce,    the only good thing was that we find that Frank and Jordan are okay, and in the end, reunited  to again, drive  into the future...  The rest of that episode,  ugh.  Smelly zombies.   Did I mention, I hate zombie stuff?

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

12 hours ago, seesthru said:

We had closure of a sort, all too soon..... SO SAD!   that x-files farce,    the only good thing was that we find that Frank and Jordan are okay, and in the end, reunited  to again, drive  into the future...  The rest of that episode,  ugh.  Smelly zombies.   Did I mention, I hate zombie stuff?

Not a fan of zombies either, and won't watch horror, but I am a fan of The Walking Dead.  That show is more about the living characters that they consider the walking dead, and how they survive the zombie apocalypse.  The actual dead, the "Walkers" are thankfully just part of the show, but not the main part.  TWD is definitely character driven.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

It's pretty late in the series to start it unless you're a very patient  person. 

The White Walkers in GoT are considered supernatural beings created thousands of years ago, but to me they are dead and walking.  They just have a form of intelligence and can communicate.  They sacrifice babies who then become Walkers, so I'd say that's a definite form of a zombie.   The horses the walkers ride are also dead.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines