Gotham Gal

yeah.  I didn't come across whitewalkers in GoT right away....  I literally groaned  when I saw them.   They're zombies, no doubt.  In the show, when people and animals are killed by them, they become  one too.  ZOMBIE!!!  LOL  Not the turn I saw comig in the show.  I hadn't read the books so was a newbie to the whole thing.

I  haven't decided to start watching TWD yet...  If I were a smart person, I'd get off watching stuff and get caught up on yard work and house work... but I'm not that smart.....

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

13 hours ago, seesthru said:

yeah.  I didn't come across whitewalkers in GoT right away....  I literally groaned  when I saw them.   They're zombies, no doubt.  In the show, when people and animals are killed by them, they become  one too.  ZOMBIE!!!  LOL  Not the turn I saw comig in the show.  I hadn't read the books so was a newbie to the whole thing.

I  haven't decided to start watching TWD yet...  If I were a smart person, I'd get off watching stuff and get caught up on yard work and house work... but I'm not that smart.....

Trust me, you are smarter than the average bear.

Don't feel alone, I didn't read the books either, so it was a surprise to me too, and in a way, a nice surprise.  But I obviously handle zombies better, and don't mind them a bit in GoT because I prefer that they actually can still think a little, and why it always takes a head shot to stop them.  I'd say "kill" but they're already dead...LOL.  In TWD they just wander, kill and eat, whereas in GoT they are a much bigger threat, especially since animals can be turned.  One more note...I believe once the leader of the "dead" is destroyed, then the followers will either no longer be much of a threat, or will have no guidance and be easy targets.

Honestly, after reading your posts, it might be best you stick with your house and yard work.  Even though TWD is character driven, and you can get very into them and their relationships, it does have a lot of gross scenes.  And naturally, mankind has to fight, torture and kill each other, instead of fighting a common enemy together.  This show isn't for everyone.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Haven't a clue who Dr. Pimple Popper is, and not sure I want to know.  The name alone sounds gross.

When I read you were burning limbs, my mind immediately flashed on actual limbs, and thought you were losing it...LOL

I think therefore I'm the one who lost it, just momentarily of course.  :fever:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Hahah!    If I were burning actual people limbs, that would be most millenniumistic!   and eww!    Dr Sandra Lee is a dermatologist.  I think she does TV, but I watch her youtube videos, to try  and strengthen my stomach so to speak.    It can get gross!

W. H. Auden

Glad to say I have a strong stomach, but do my best to avoid exposing myself to grossies.  Never watch evil, horror or hacker movies.  Yuck.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I was going to add a cartoon, but got grossed out looking at the images.  Rather pop a cork.  :drunk3:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

It's even grosser on video.  The sounds!  Whoa.

I read that they aren't bringing X-Files back.  2018 was the last one...Carter said he didn't really intend to end it on cliffhangers, like Scully being pregnant, and all the other ones. I'd think, if they were gonna bring it back again, they'd be filming already anyway.  No one is getting any younger!

W. H. Auden

Yep, no one is getting any younger, and all the more reason to either bring Frank Black back.  Lance is up in years, and may be strong as an ox, but anything can happen at anytime.  We've had closure with both shows, and to me, it's time to move on.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines