Millennium - This Is Who We Are Welcome to Halloween Macabre!

The Handmaid's Tale

Gotham Gal

I will get a season  at the end , then binge so thanks for no spoilers !  FYI 13 eps this season and it has been officially renewed for a 3rd ! 

• HaHa! 1

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

It's a fantastic show, and no worries Walkabout, Gotham Gal and I have been discussing the episodes in PMs, and will continue to do so until you can participate.  We will have a lot to talk about after you watch this season.  And IF, I mean IF, we have a spoiler to post, we will hide it with the eye icon above, at the left of the happy face icon for emoticons.

Here's a hidden message for you both, but NOT a spoiler.

Spoiler

You are dearly love and appreciated.  :52:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I binged the first season.   I started not to, because I'd seen the movie back in the 90's I think it was... so I figured there wasn't much they could do to keep my interest. But I got bored one day,   I was wrong. Whoa....

• Like 2

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

Yeah, there was a movie in 1990, but it doesn't come anywhere near as good as this TV series.  Of course, that was back in the 90s, and the TV series probably would never had been accepted by a network and aired back then, considering the graphic depth the show goes into.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099731/

Yep seesthru, you are officially hooked.

What fun we all will have chatting about it after Walkabout gets to see season 2.  If we do have to post a spoiler, please use the eye icon to hide it.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I'm sure a lot of people had the same reaction when they first started to watch it, then poof, the magic wand hits you over the head, realizing that, yay, something new, something different, well acted and well written.

Watched the movie a couple nights ago and it's pretty much just season 1, but with a few minor differences.  It's also not as detailed since it's a movie and not a series, but still well done.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Even after reading the book a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I don't remember a thing that I read, and just barely the setting.  Trust me when I say, the TV series is so much better than the movie, and the movie was good, with awesome actors.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Similar Content

• By Gotham Gal
      The mini-series Chernobyl, based on events at the nuclear site, was quite good. I watched in over the New Year. This is Craig Mazen's baby. While I don't consider him the most imaginative TV writer on Earth, he is nonetheless a very competent one, and ideally suited for this type of project.  These type of events IRL are worth remembering when we get haughty as human beings. Anyone else see it?
    • By Gotham Gal
      Star Trek Picard is two episodes in on CBS All Access. I'd recommend it if you like sci-fi and have at least a passing interest in Star Trek incarnations.  It's been set up very skillfully for a potentially intriguing story re: Romulans, Data, Borg, and of course, Picard, now retired (not really). I like it better than Discovery, which I couldn't (or at least haven't) finished. On a positive note, it's been renewed for next season, so no worries about cancellation at least for a year or so.
    • By Gotham Gal
      Just binged S-3 of Amazon's "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" (a comedy) which is a really easy watch. It's about a young woman in the late '50s/early '60s (Lenny Bruce era) who finds she's got some talent in stand up comedy and takes to the roads to fulfill her dreams.  Good serialized period piece.
      Is anyone else enjoying it?
    • By Gotham Gal
      I'm about to sit down and watch the season 3 premiere of Mr. Robot.  Does anyone else watch it here?
      I saw a 7 minute spoiler last night on YouTube and got worried, especially after Sam Esmail's interview saying he wanted to add "levity" to this wonderfully dark techno-psycho thriller, which a good friend turned me onto a while back.  Hopefully, it won't disappoint...
      By Guest
      I think the writers of 24 did a funny again because I thought I heard Jack Bauer give out a real cell phone number (they did it a few months ago in an early episode of this season) in tonight's episode: 11:00 PM to 12:00 AM.24 is riveting as ever. Now I'm tempted to call Jack Bauer as "Prancing Jack" by the way he pranced into CTU early in this episode. Wow, it must be nice to have CTU be so near and Jack must prance right in to make it into the scene.
  • Recent Activity

1. 785

Snow Files of the Week

2. 0

Dune

3. 7

Better Call Saul

4. 7

Better Call Saul

• 10 Recent Topics

• 942E75C2-F0CE-46E3-9CDC-D8C2F067DCDF.png

Our new Spreadshirt clothing and apparel stores are now available!

US/CAN UK/EU

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines