The Handmaid's Tale

Gotham Gal

The superheroes we like are more like real ones.  As much as I do enjoy the movies, when it comes to real people, Helen Keller is possibly on the top of the list.  Of course there are others, but I can see that we are both on the same page.  Now if I had to pick a comic book hero, it would have to be Superman.  After all, he's from another planet, so he would have super powers here.

Saw the cartoon with Superman in it the other day and have to share it with you.  You, or others, might consider it inappropriate, but I got a good LOL, ROTF laugh.  There have been some wild and crazy cartoons and jokes here in the past.  The Old Man has posted a few good ones as well.

Related image

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Am I correct in assuming that the "LOL" indicates you really do get it?  :signlol:

I didn't know we were messed up regulars.

Found this and couldn't resist posting it here.

Image result for handmaid's tale meme funny

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

17 hours ago, seesthru said:

NO I really don't get it.  Maybe if I could see better I'd know what was happening! LOL at handmaid for men!

Spoiler

The woman (at right) is having phone sex with Superman (at left).  He's blowing into the phone, and since he's so strong and powerful, it shocks her, and jolts her out of the bed into the air.  I haven't a clue if she survived it or not...LOL

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Did you see the most recent episode with the spanking?  Oh my, what humiliation.

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 weeks later...

OH no spoilers Earthnut!  Someone here is waiting to binge watch the show later!  

Spoiler

The spanking was brutal.   But the whole thing is brutal.  I almost felt sorry for Serena Joy.  But not quite.  Imagine WANTING that kind of world,  and having it bite you in the butt with a belt...

• Like 1

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

Oops ! !

Spoiler

By the time people binge watch the show they will have forgotten the word, "spanking," and no clue who got it.  Well, here's hoping anyway.  Just in case, I will be more careful next time.

It is a brutal show, and continues to get worse as time passes.  Love the fact that the letters were published for the public to read.  Yep, it was a bomb.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines