By The Numbers: 8

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick Your Favorite  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MrCox

Puh, this was a VERY difficult choice between "The Hand Of Saint Sebastian" and "Through A Glass, Darkly", but as you HAVE to choose one I went with

"The Hand Of Saint Sebastian". This episode is a real rollercoaster ride! Thinking back it seemed quite strange with Peter's hunt for a holy relic (Indiana Watts?), but it was a fantastic way to larn more about Frank's partner. For the first time we got to learn more about the origins of the group and (for me at least) it worked perfectly. The thing about Cheryl being a traitor was very frightening just because from now on you couldn't be sure who's good and bad. It was a perfect mystery show. Besides that Frank and Peter investigated in Germany, that's a plus! It's astonishing they recreated Germany in Vancouver. (Just some barely recognizable details are wrong, like some traffic signs. And the ambulance shown looks very American to me, but who really cares?)

"Through A Glass, Darkly" is a very fascinating episode too. In the first third of season 3 it's the only episode I could really recommend. It's dark, tragic, moving and features one of the most interesting guest characters in Max Brunelli. Although this "wrong memory" phenomenon seems to be quite unbelievable it really exists. Max as a man who BELIEVES he has done what he's accused of is very frightening in itself. (And again a LAWYER represents evil, a common theme in the MM universe.) This is classic MM, just perfect, and I love this episode. A VERY CLOSE second.

"The Well-Worn Lock" is only mediocre in my mind, but not because of Catherine or the rather untypical topic. I just think this five months time lapse is completely wrong and the plot isn't interesting any more as we get to the court room drama. Then they even refuse to tell what happens to the guilty Joe Bangs. It's a quite decent episode I like to watch again from time to time. But it's nothing very special and has no chance against the other two episodes in this poll.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...